Keep stripping or melting spur gears
- Loose or stripped bolts and screws
- Inspect the motor/engine mount bolts and screws, make sure they remain tight. If they are stripped or if the motor mount is broken, the gear mesh will move and the spur gear will strip.
- Gear mesh not correct
- Re-adjust the vehicle's gear mesh properly for best performance.
- Slipper clutch is too tight
- The slipper clutch is intended to slip a slight amount under a heavy or sudden load to prevent stress to the spur gear. If it is too tight, it may result in stripped spur gears. Adjust the slipper clutch. Having the slipper too loose can melt the center of the spur gear.
- Incorrect spur gear
- Be sure you are using the spur gear intended for your vehicle as shown in the manual's exploded view drawings.
- Stripped spur gear
- Replace damaged spur gear.
- Bind in drivetrain
- Verify that the drivetrain can rotate freely with no serious resistance. If you feel grinding or heavy resistance, inspect the driveline or transmission for damage and repair.
Your rating: None