Engine starts and then stalls (Nitro Vee)
- Glow plug fouled or weak
- Check for solid red light when EZ-Start® button is pressed. No light indicates a completely shorted plug. Replace with Traxxas 3230 or 3231 glow plugs
- Carburetor incorrectly adjusted
- Readjust carburetor to factory break-in settings
- Idle speed set too low
- Increase idle speed
- Low-speed mixture misadjusted
- Fine tune the low speed mixture adjustment
- Air bubble in fuel line
- Prime the engine to force air through/ Check for pinhole leaks in the fuel line
- Fuel flow blocked
- Check that all fuel lines are clear with no pinhole leaks. Check for dirt blockage in the carburetor fuel inlet and high speed needle seat/ Install inline fuel filter.
- Insufficient fuel tank pressure
- Replace the pressure hose (between pipe and fuel tank)/ clear blockage in the tuned pipe hose fitting/ check flow to and from tank/ Check seal on fuel tank cap
- Engine excessively worn
- Repair or replace engine
- Incorrect fuel
- Use airplane fuel with 10 to 15% nitro, 16 to 18% oil. No sinthetics only blends.
- Roller clutch bearing seized to starter shaft
- Remove and clean or replace the roller clutch bearing.
Your rating: None