The Velineon® VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles and intuitive programming. Tri-mode operation auto detects the motor type for brushed, sensored or sensorless brushless motors. The VXL-3s™ uses advanced circuit design that allows sensorless brushless motors to operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5™ family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode™ is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3s is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs! The VXL-3s is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support and is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Traxxas High-Current Connector**
The VXL-3s ESC is equipped with the patented Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
Click here for more info about the patented Traxxas High-Current Connertor.
Assembled with Maxx® Cable (12-gauge wire)
This super-flexible, high-current, low-resistance 12-gauge, wire acts like a series of giant pipes, flowing energy in and out of the VXL-3s electronic speed control and into the Velineon 3500 motor. The patented Traxxas Connector combined with Maxx cable is a better engineered solution for extracting all the power your battery has to give.
Velineon VXL-3s Waterproof Features
- The VXL-3s auto-detects the motor type for brushless and sensored brushless motors.
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Widest range of battery options ranging from 4-cell NiMH or NiCad packs all the way up to 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volt)
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-3s by 50%, making it easier for new or younger drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action.
- Advanced circuit design allows sensorless brushless motors to operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. There's no need for additional sensor wiring and hardware complexity.
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need to learn a new set of procedures.
- The VXL-3s is programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode**™ – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Since the VXL-3s allows experimentation with many kinds of motors, it is equipped with numerous failsafe features to help protect against common mishaps that can cause other systems to fail.
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3s from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Sensor Phase Detection™ protects against improperly wiring aftermarket sensored motors.
- Sensored Motor Backup protection causes the VXL-3s to switch to sensorless operation if a motor sensor fails or sensor wires become disconnected. Sensored motors can be used without connecting the sensor wires to the sensor port on the ESC.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistent case design uses rubber seals and o-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- The built-in auxiliary fan output powers a snap-on accessory fan for increased cooling capacity during extreme use. A handy clasp on the speed control case keeps the wire neatly in place until you are ready to use it.
- MOSFET design provides high-current output (320 amp peak) with incredibly low resistance (.00075 (ohm)).
- Gold plated 3.5mm bullet connectors on 12-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
|VXL-3s WATERPROOF ESC SPECIFICATIONS|
Velineon Cooling fan (#3340)
(accessory item, sold separately)
The Velineon® VXL-3s Accessory Cooling Fan reduces ESC temperatures during extended operation for maximum power flow. It securely clips onto the VXL-3s heatsink for easy installation. Wires are neatly routed thanks to the integrated connector clip. Simply plug the accessory cooling fan into the Velineon VXL-3s accessory power connector and clip the fan onto the heatsink for increased cooling.