Repairs and Service
- How to repair the vehicle or obtain service
- How to repair your vehicle
One advantage of Traxxas radio control vehicles is that regardless of the damage the vehicle has stustained, it will always be repairable. If you're new to the hobby and don't know where to begin, there is an easy 3 step process any hobbyist can take to economically repair his or her vehicle.
- Survey the damage.
- Use the exploded view drawings that came with the vehicle's literature package to determine the part numbers of the damaged components. Once you have listed the part(s) required to repair the vehicle, proceed to the next step.
- Purchase the parts
- Replacement parts are available at hobby shops and mail order sources nationwide. Usually, the quickest and easiest place to purchase parts from is your local hobby shop- perhaps the same shop you purchased the vehicle from. Simply show them the part number of the item(s) you need. The average repair can be made for only a few dollars. You might consider picking up an extra part or two to keep as a spare just in case. You can locate your nearest dealer by clicking here. If you do not have a local dealer, you can purchase parts at online retailers, or directly through Traxxas at www.buytraxxas.com.
- Install the new parts
- Now that you have the replacement parts needed to repair the vehicle, simply reinstall them in place of the damaged parts you removed earlier. If you need assistance in the installation of the new parts, try using the exploded view drawings again to help with their placement.
- Other repairs and obtaining warranty service
- If your vehicle is within 30 days old and an electronic component has been damaged, it may be covered under warranty. If it has been determined that a Traxxas component is somehow defective, return it to Traxxas with a note describing the problem and a copy of the purchase receipt or invoice (for all warranty work). Do not return the car or damaged components to Traxxas without first speaking with a service technician, toll-free, at 1-888-TRAXXAS. Many times, we are able to resolve an issue over the phone in minutes. If you are returning an entire car for inspection or repair, drain the fuel (if applicable) and remove the batteries from the vehicle and the transmitter. We also require that you include a note describing the problem if you are returning a specific component to Traxxas for repair. Remember that the warranty only covers new products that are defective right out of the box. All other service will be estimated on an individual basis. Traxxas warranties against manufacturing defects in the electronics for 30 days from the date of purchase. If the part was damaged upon initial inspection or if you feel that the part failed prematurely, be sure to check this link for details.