RC Enthusiast

Aftermarket Aluminum E-Maxx Parts

Which Manufacturer make the best Aftermarket Aluminum parts for the E-Maxx ?

All suggestions will be accepted and thanks in advance.

You never get something for nothing.

K-Swiss
    SuperMaxx, but beware, I got my Ext. Thursday night, and I am still putting the ******* thing together, there are so many pieces!

I half to agree that UE are the best, but very expensive too. You might want to check out HCR.
    http://www.racinghardcore.com/

RC Enthusiast
    What about Adrenaline R/C or Dynamite Aluminum parts for the E-maxx are they any good ?

Well, there's like a million different companies that make aluminum aftermarket parts for the E/T-Maxx. So to tell which is the best is tough. I've heard great things about Hardcore Racing (especially their skids). But like I said earlier , I think many people here will agree that Supermaxx products rule, but cost lots. You get what you pay for right.

K-Swiss
    Right, if you pay $10 for something, you shouldn't expect a lot out of it. If you pay $100 for something, you expect it to do something amazing, and thats what SuperMaxx does.

RC Enthusiast
    What parts are the best for people that have a small budget they have to stick to ?

that depends on the part. the new era chassis is supposed to work just fine at only $40. for cvds, i have heard of design issues with the low cost mip and dynamite cvds as well as complaints aobut them wearing out. i got the supermaxxe cvds for $66 and they are fine so far. i can't remember what they dynamite and mip cvds cost for comparrison to the supermaxxes. if you are just looking at bulkheads, you shouldn't upgrade those unless you are getting a chassis. for arms you should stick stock or rpm nylon unless you get a supermaxx kit. if you want the best bang for your buck, then it really depends on the part i think.

ok, i dunno if that last post was relevant to what you wanted to know or not because i replied thinking you had asked what the best company was for people with a small budget.

RC Racer
    Yeah the supermaxx stuff is EXPENSIVE like a bia. I'm doin the Dynamite thing; inexpensive (relatively), good looking, and red. I haven't seen many companies offer red anodized parts. If anyone knows where else I can get red, spill the beans!

Also I got the Pro-Line Suspension Kit and MIP CVDs for loads less than that supermaxx stuff (that "thing" is WAY TOO WIIIDE)
    I'm not scared of my A-arms snapping!
    Last edited by Billiam_Returns; 08-04-2002 at 06:46 PM.
    http://www.mklinux.org/~rifel/HOME.html

E-Russ
    NerdyBoy
    Wucka-Too
    "Will there be any FLUBBER in this movie?, N'Glavin!"

RC Qualifier
    I would stay plastic and go to all RPM parts.
    Go Quick Go Quiet Go Electric!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Timber, I'd go with all RPM plastic parts to for the reason that plastic parts are more flexible than aluminum parts. But aluminum parts make a truck look so darn awesome that why I want aluminum parts for my E-Maxx.

RC Racer
    Does any body know the web site for dynamite.
    If your not Breaking Parts
    Your Not Making Enough POWER!!

http://rbr7.tripod.com

RC Champion
    kswiss a little help for the next time you buy SM stuff is read the directions several times before putting it together and patience is a must (i dont have much) and it will b well worth it
    THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE BRUSHLESS!

K-Swiss

Wink

Ya, I guess I will do that next time. Listen to this: I worked on my Ext. for about 15hr. seriously, and I got it all back together, and had me new wheelie bar on and everything and I dropped my new 6-Cell Ballistic Matched Side X Side packs in and I turned everything on. I was so excited, then I gave it some gas and guess what happened! The differentials were swapped and the front tires turned backwards and the back tires turned forwards. I was so mad, I just wanted to throw it out the window. I started to switch the diffs and I was installing the front and rear back on when I striped the screw on my skid that attaches to the bellcranks. I was so ****ed I just whipped out the dremel and cut the ******* thing off, and ripped off the bellcranks, so Im out of a truck until I get new parts. I made and order the day before yesterday for: Titan rims, Panther Meatgrinders, Panther Racing Foams, Hardcore silver titanium front and rear skids, and a new bellcrank and some new screws Mabey I will be able to run my Maxx for the first time in 3 weeks when my stuff comes in

RC Qualifier
    TXT-1
    I know the metal looks cool on a truck. But I think the RPM stuff looks good too. and here is the pic to prove.
    Go Quick Go Quiet Go Electric!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Timber, Did you shave your tires down a little ?

The truck pretty good but a truck with aluminum on it looks a little bit better.

RC Qualifier
    I think its possible to find a good balance between plastic and aluminum.

IN FACT, I KNOW IT IS !!!!!!

My Wife's Gunna Kill me........

RC Qualifier
    Or, find a good balance between Carbon Fiber and Aluminum..

My Rustler !!!

My Wife's Gunna Kill me........

RC poster
    theres a site called rc/raven.com really cheap aftermarket alum parts

RC Racer
    not_to_shabby: does the chrome chip off the bumper in a crash???? i was thinkin of getting black rpm bumpers.
    **GET TRAXXAS OR GET OUT**
    "IT'S GOD'S JOB 2 FORGIVE BINLADEN, IT'S OURS 2 ARRANGE THE MEETING"

yes it does. however, you can get the metallic silver rpm bumper and that one actually is silver colored plastic, though it isn't shiny like the chrome one.

RC Enthusiast
    So far I can't find any R/C hobby shop in Canada that sells Supermaxx Parts.

I know TXT-1-Rules, right now I'm ordering stuff from Great Hobbies but they don't have any Supermaxx parts either. I'm gonna e-mail Supermaxx and I'll get back to you.

here is the best place to buy supermaxx parts:
    http://www.hobbyshopnj.com/monmaxx.html
    i don't know if they ship to canada. i would think that they do since he robin said they are one of his major distributors.

RC Champion
    I have heard that trc makes good aluminum parts; they have a suspension kit that makes the truck 2in wider and it mounts the shocks on the upper arm. It looks like it has more ground clearance, too. I don't know their website, sorry.
    ERBE 4s, RPM, Proline