RC Qualifier

? 6V receiver pack CHARGER ?

Hello,

I'm doing a home made receiver battery pack from :
    5 GP AA (NIMH) 1300 mAh...

I went to my lhs (when i bought the T) and he did to me a charge hole in the transmitter and a "plug" in the reciever... and i bought a FUTABA charger, this is the nearest charger (i don't sure if this is the one i'v got) :

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXATH3&P=7

On my charger said :

Ni-Cd Battery Charger
    Model : FBC-18C(4)

INPUT : ~230V 50Hz 6W
    OUTPUT : 9.6V 70mA TX
    4.8V 100mA RX

I know this is a NICD charger and i have a NIMH battries, but this is what my lhs sold me and he said that this is for NIMH 2...

Will this charger charge a 6V receiver snd a 9.6V transmitter ?

Thx,
    Tom.

RC Champion
    You really need a multi charger,your charger wont fully charge 6 volt packs.Try this charger http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXL331&P=7
    But you have to time the charge unless you want a more expensive charger with ni cd/mh delta peak.
    When i die Lord please dont have me come back as a skidplate!MIB member of the 1/8 buggy malitia ,have a look at our site reviews ,mods and more at http://mysite.freeserve.com/MaxxskunkworksU.K

RC Qualifier
    I used to charge mine with a charger like that.I had no problems.Some say it will destroy the batts after a few months.There was post over on maxxtraxx.com in the Ballistic battery forum about it.I went with the MRC super brain 959 which charges eveything.

RC Qualifier

Time the charge ?

Like measure 8 (or something) hours ?Tom.

RC Qualifier
    http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXL331&P=7 - i don't want tha chrager, is there an easier to use charger w/ the same price (low budget here )

Thx,
    Tom.

RC Champion
    Tom bar i made up a pack the same as yours and believe me there is no easy way of charging a custom pack correctly,you have to buy a multi charger to get the best out of it.You can try to charge with your present charger i doubt if it will harm it but you wont get the best from your pack.If your on a budget try to charge with your present charger and see how long your pack lasts ,you might be pleasently surprised.
    When i die Lord please dont have me come back as a skidplate!MIB member of the 1/8 buggy malitia ,have a look at our site reviews ,mods and more at http://mysite.freeserve.com/MaxxskunkworksU.K

RC Qualifier
    I'll use my current charger - u sure it'll be ok ? wont harm it or damage it in any way ???

Even if it's bot the MOST of the 6V pack, it'll be better then a 4.8V pack, no ?

Thx u very much for the help and info,
    Tom.

RC Qualifier
    ?

RC Qualifier
    Plug it in and charge them up.If you got 1300mah battery pack and your charger puts out 100mah you will have to charge them for 13 hours.Take size of battery 1300mah divided by out put of charger 100mah = 13 hours.If you have 1300mah bats in tx you will have to charge them longer since the charger puts out 70mah on tx side.I used to charge mine with a similar charger and they still work fine.Heres some info on bats and chargers http://pub13.ezboard.com/fmaxximumtraxxasfrm38

RC Qualifier

AtlasFBG2

Thx dude !

So basicly i need to charge the RX 13 hours and the TX (WOW) 18.5 hours ?

Tom.

RC Qualifier
    i purchased a 5 cell pack from onlybatterpacks.com. I also wondered what charger/rate would work. and they said to charge @ 200mah max. so i also purchased a wall charger from them which i think was $9.
    Revo/OS .18 TM----Revo 2.5R 3Racing chassis---TMaxx 2.5---Ofna Jammin' X1 Pro/.21 Hyper 8 Port Race---Ofna Jammin' X1 CRT Pro/OS .21 V-Spec---HPI Hfire

RC Qualifier
    Yep when they are dead it will take them that long to get to a full charge.Thats why i bought the MRC superbrain charges them in about 40 minutes

RC Qualifier

Question

But they are not dead, i have them only a few months...

Tom.

RC Champion
    For just charging a RX pack especiaaly AA's;a wall charger will work fine. AA's do not like to be charged fast. Generally for nimh batteries the standard is C/10. That's 130ma for 1300 pack;besure it a 6 volt charger. Nimh batteries especially AA's can't take heat. if you will check with Ballistic;integy and other charger makers they will recommend that you slow charge AA and AAA ninh batteries for longest life. good luck.

RC Champion
    Tom_bar charge your pack with your charger for 12-14 hours if anything it will only undercharge them ,by the way i think the term dead means flat in this case.blackmonte3 what is the mah capacity of your pack?

RC Champion
    ...if the chargers made for 4.8v packs and is not delta peak it probally won`t charge the full 5 cells correctly thus shortening thier lifespan/performance.

You should try a electronics store like tandy/jaycar etc for a charger, in my experience you can sorce a high quality and/or budget delta charger much MUCH cheaper than a lhs !

MA
    Give me a bullet to bite on ......

RC Qualifier
    It is correct to charge your batteries at standard charge or C/10, ie charge your 1300mAh batteries at 130mA. BUT.. charging batteries is not 100% energy efficient, so if you charged at 130mA for 10 hours, your batteries would not be fully charged. When charging at C/10 standard charge, you normally have to charge your batteries for 16 hours to get them fully charged.