Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Got my summit 1 10 running again

I got my summit 1 10 running again got it sitting on my jumbo Kongs and u know I actually like the jumbo kongs they r a big tire and at first sight u would think they r very heavy but they r actually not they only w about 3 to 4pounds in all I got them turn backwards for max grip and boy they grab.

After 10 threads, 210 posts, multiple questions, your summit is up and running? And your not gonna fill us in with the details?

Was it just the battery connector?
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    ya what was the problem?

RC Qualifier
    Lol well I'm running jumbo kongs and my motor and esc is getting so hot I can't even hold my hand on them I don't have temp gun so I don't know the exact temp of them when I was running 40 series mud slingers it was running I'm running a 11 pinion and 65spur in my opinion baby in it what yall think? I think the motor was alil hotter then the esc what do u yall think geared?

RC Qualifier
    One more question is it OK to run my truck with 3s lipo? Instead of 2 3s below my other battery up I over charged it by mistake wonder it didn't blow my house up lol???

RC Champion
    recommended mamba gearing for the erevo is 18/65, if your getting it smoking hot to where you cant touch it its way overgeared, when ime done a run the esc is still cool and the motor is hot but I can still touch it, imo you might not want to get the motor to hot to many times or the bearings will cook, if it was me ide try 14/68 or even 13/68.....

RC Qualifier
    From what the castle creations guy said he said I was baby in it man something ain't right I have no idea what it is 11 pinion and 65spur I thought baby in it

RC Qualifier
    One more question is it OK to run my truck with 3s lipo? Instead of 2 3s below my other battery up I over charged it by mistake wonder it didn't blow my house up lol???

RC Champion
    try the gearing I recommend and let us know how hot it gets..

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sc-and-2200-kv

RC Qualifier
    My back left axle and hub is trying to come out my back tire moves around alot I just broke a axle lol

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    I'm so confused here! I thought the motor was toast. As for the battery do you use a lipo charger or did you mean to say you over discharged it?

RC Qualifier
    The was toast I sent in into Castle creations they couldn't fix it so gave me a new one I just fix my motor and esc from getting so hot I'm running 65 14pinion I tried Japan told me it didn't end pretty lol I had 1 58 spur I drove it around for a whole when I got down on it whole I had my jumbo Kongs here is what happen the plastic 58spur lol

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    And yes was using a lipo charger I have a traxxas lipo charger so I can charge 2 3s and 2s but couldn't find my dual charge in cord lol

RC Champion
    how was the heat issue? but still try the 14/68 gearing

RC poster
    Not trying to be critical but you need to go at a slower pace. Unsure what you mean about the batteries. Take time to read instructions and through this forum. Be very careful about charging and wiring your motors and such. A little patience can go a long way. I praise you desire to customize your truck. I could only suggest that you gradually adjust your gearing to slowly stress test your hardware.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Try a steel spur gear you won't chew it up so easily .

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...SERVO268;c=454

RC Qualifier
    Yall still think I should try 58 and 14 pinion even when 65 and 14 is doing fine? I was mudding last night I was bashing it really bad and the only thing I broke was 2 axles one of them was a plastic axle then I broke the brushless but yall guys know alot more then me so if yall think that will buy one.. And my run time was well over 35mins my motor and esc wasn't even to hot
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-30-2014 at 05:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Go with the steel 68 tooth. With the 58 you are going in the wrong direction you need a larger spur gear.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks 2003 ur the best man u always have a answer I got to order some new axles and new bearing for my knucks and I blew 2 of my jumbo Kongs slam off the rims lol and that was only on 1 3s lipo 6000mah man just think about 2 3s lipo lol. I got to seen my blew up battery back lol and get a new one. Sense I put a 14pinion my motor and esc barley even gets hot and I be mud rideing in high lol. But I will be ordering that steel 68 spur because these jumbo kongs kills plastic spurs just a minute ago I got on the road man and I was burning 3tires on pavement like it was nothing and that's with 1 3s lipo. It's amazing how much power this Lil 2200kv Castle creations motor has. And I was burning 3 cause my axle is breaking in the front lol
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-30-2014 at 08:52 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Hey man I wonder where I can get something to fix my high and low servo thinge my servo works fine but the peace that puts it in high low came off I have been putting it in high low by hand and that sucks

RC Champion
    got a pic of the problem?

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Not sure if it can be soldered or not . I'm sure they are cheap on eBay

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    What's it called I have no Idea lol

RC Qualifier
    Dude 90bucks for some bearing man they done hit thier head lol all I need is about 4 maybe 5 just in case I mess another bearing up

RC Champion
    there is a grub screw adjustment for the rod that changed high/low, if you broke the spring you might want to adjust it so the shafts slides smoother.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Billgates1234 View Post
    Dude 90bucks for some bearing man they done hit thier head lol all I need is about 4 maybe 5 just in case I mess another bearing up
    they are good bearing, I just keep reading that cost isn't an issue for you so I thought they would be perfect.

RC Champion

Mud and water + stock bearings.unless you strip your truck down pretty regularly you may want to buy lots of bearings you will need them.kongs and gritty dirty water will chew up wheel bearings pretty regularly.
    pinion bearings can't be cleaned and lubed without major tear down.
    Trans is NOT sealed.mud and grit in there hard on bearings.
    Playing in mud and water is fun,but there is a price to pay for that fun.... Cleaning and maintenance
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    I never heard of 90bucks for some bearings tho lol and yes money wasn't a issue when I need some good axles. Lol with out axels my beast want pull with out bearings I can still roll with a tire moving around lol but for real tho them bearings will last a whole??
    Last edited by Billgates1234; 08-30-2014 at 11:38 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Man I'm trying to figure out why my pinion screw keeps coming a lose I tighten it very tight and I make sure it's on the flat part when I tighting down the screw on the motor shaft everything I have to to stop stop to make sure my pinion gear hasn't moved away from my spur gear it's sicking what could I do to fix this?

Blue locktite,BUT you have to allow the blue locktite to cure for 24 hrs or at least overnight.a little bit on the threads of the grub screw.A LITTLE bit.Too much is not better.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    yes to what jamann said, what I do is put a little on a screw then let it sit overnight and then use it just like they do for you when you buy new ones....