RC Competitor

Getting back into the hobby

I was a member here around 10 years ago with a Nitro Rustler, lots of upgrades, bashing, and repairs. I have decided to move back in to the hobby but with electric, far less put away maintenance.

Anyways, Future Shop has the E-Revo brushless on sale for $699 which is more than likely what I plan on buying. Was going to get the E-Maxx but was talked out of it. Anything I should be aware of with these guys? Any information is helpful, I already know that I will need LiPo batteries to achieve 65+ mph.

Again, anything you guys can mention about this truck will be useful.

Thanks.

RC Racer
    Take a look at the various build threads and you will gather a lot of information about upgrades and things that can and will go wrong. If you plan on 6S, plan on doing the Losi DIFF upgrade. I decided to stay 4S for now.

Here is the link to mine:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rushless-Build

RC Enthusiast
    Hello, the erevo brushless have a lot power on 4s, it runs very fast up to 40mph if you mount the optional gear that you get with the car from traxxas.
    I have run it for about 3-4 hours now since i bought it without breaking anything. I think if you stay on 4s you will have a bulletproof truck if you don't smash it to a wall or trying to destroy it

You would not regret, its a realy nice truck with very good handling on road and offroad!
    Good luck

RC Racer
    I came straight from a Traxxas Jato 3.3. I got bored doing speed runs, and couldn't dial it in for the bashing I wanted so I picked up an ERBE. Extremely satisfied. So far I have changed out the shock springs and shock oil, put the RPM True Track on it, and switched out the tires. I am still running 4S on 18/54 gearing and have had no breaks. Very strong truck and loads of fun.

I would recommend running it factory and wait for something to break from a hard crash, then start upgrading it as you go. Right out of the box it is a great basher.

RC Champion
    If you buy any RC here is a valuable piece of advice, only upgrade parts AFTER you have broken the stock parts. And don't be afraid to get your hands dirty by taken stuff apart. Traxxas has lots of valuable info on this website. For example: Part Lists, Exploded Views, all Manuals for every Traxxas model (even in foreign languages if English isn't your first language.)
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Competitor
    Who ever talked you out of the e-maxx and convinced you to go with the revo is on the money. Revo is better in every aspect. Like everyone else says.... Buy it ..... Run it ..... Fix and upgrade it when it breaks. Great rig for sure. Don't worried about the diffs and all the other stuff people will tell you to upgrade for now.

RC Competitor
    I have found that sometimes the aftermarket upgrades can make certain things worse off. Fix it or upgrade as you break it as mentioned. And I have run on 6s but not much, and have yet to replace a diff. I shimmed them before my 6s runs and respect the power 6s gives. I feel 4s gives the balance of power and control that makes it more pleasureable to drive. Cheers
    Last edited by Taurusx2; 08-23-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Brushless E-Revo
    Summit
    XO-1 X (2)
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. I have another question, I have been reading the reviews on the Future Shop site and someone was saying something about there are 4 or 5 versions of the E-Revo, also the spec sheet on their site is saying that this does NOT have waterproof electronics. IIRC we aren't allowed to link to outside websites here so could someone have a look for me? It would be on future shop canadian site (.ca instead of .com). Also, what are these versions?

The part numbers are 560813 for the black/silver one
    and 568011 for the red/black one

Thanks for your time.

RC Competitor
    Can't figure out how to edit my last post, so I'll add the links here

Red/Black

Black/Silver

Silver/Black

Reading through the rules again, I couldn't find anything about not being able to post outside links. If I am wrong, please delete the links.

RC Qualifier
    The 560813 and 11 are the same probably change the last 2 numbers for the body colors
    These trucks seem to be the non blue tooth 2.4 transmitters
    This is probably why they on sale to make space for the new models
    Either way great truck

RC Racer
    Correct, these are not the waterproof versions of the ESC. These are the black MM ESC's, the new waterproof ones are the re-branded MM2 blue MXL-6S ESC's. These are also the non Bluetooth TX versions as well.

RC Competitor
    Huh. Maybe I'll spend the extra $100 or so on the upgraded newer versions then. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    The Weston road n 401 has for 679

If u search kijiji there's a few nice ones too
    Last edited by traxxaspro; 08-24-2014 at 04:14 PM.

RC Competitor
    The Weston rd. what? Future Shop?

RC Qualifier
    Yeah my bad yea future shop

Or kijiji has a bnib too

RC Competitor
    never thought of bnib for kijiji