RC Racer

Not tracking straight

I just put on a new set of tires/ wheels that I glued myself, and re did my suspension. Now, for some reason, the car always tracks right. I tried adjusting the front toe angle, and for some reason the toe rod has to be out further on the left side, than on the right side.

What do I need to adjust to get this back in line?

RC Competitor
    Put her on the bench and take the front wheels off and take a good long look at every thing. Both sides should be equal. What ever you just did needs to be looked at. If the rod is out further on the left then tread in in a couple turns and unthread the right a couple turns and so on till you get it figured out. Make sure everything is even on both sides .... You'll get it.

RC Competitor
    May seem a little simple, but did you move/change the steering trim adjustment on the transmitter. If it's only off by a bit, you could probably take care of the issue with this adjustment.

RC poster
    Yep, I have a hard time getting my erbe to track straight also. I use the trim but it'll track for about 10 feet then slightly left or right. Upgraded all pushrods to traxxas red aluminium ones. RPM Front suspension with steering knuckle, rear RPM true track. Upgraded steering servos to single, upgraded steering assembly. Have a toe gauge and camber gauge and took lots of time adjusting. I have HR's aluminium front suspension with steering knuckle coming in. Hopefully that'll help a little. Maybe I just suck.

RC Racer
    Thanks for all the replies. I will take both of the front knuckles off and make sure everything is adjusted the same. I'm just annoyed because I must have made a small adjustment somewhere, and I can't figure it out.

RC Racer
    Could the steering be off because the knuckles are not straight?

RC Competitor
    I know it's kinda a pain but maybe take off both toe lengths and put them on the bench and make sure they are exactly the same length. Sometime a just a half a turn off can make a different. Also check that your servos are properly aligned. Make sure they are not binding and fighting each other. Here's a good how to. Also hit up Google and you tube. There are a bunch of videos on the topic of steering and the front suspension set up. Obviously make sure the toe links and push rods are in the same holes on each side. Can't think of much else but it is for sure fixable. Hope this helps ya.

http://youtu.be/kSrAvhm3b1g

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Mapleman1; 08-23-2014 at 07:50 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks Mapleman1

RC Competitor
    No problem.... Any luck with that ???

RC Racer
    Yeah. I took both knuckles completely apart, and then reset the pillow balls to the A-Arms, and same for the two links. It got much better.