RC poster

ERBE what is this part? (new user)

Greetings,

What is the name of the piece of metal that connects to the tire? It is a long and thin metal piece that does the sheering.

I barely hit my baby's stroller and the piece snapped in half. I hope this isn't the norm after just charging over a thousand dollars. I was only breaking it in with the stock batteries too. Hopefully this thing isn't junk.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Pushrod. Maybe get the red upgrade pushrods. Search for part number 5318x or 5319x depending on which you need.

RC poster
    Right on, thank you!!!

I doubt it.

If it's broken from a crash, it is much more likely to be a turnbuckle (toe link), p/n 5338. Traxxas option parts are 5338R, and 5338A, both in aluminum. If you want titanium, these Lunsford Racing parts will do the trick: http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...Code=TRUC-TRRE
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I doubt it.

If it's broken from a crash, it is much more likely to be a turnbuckle (toe link), p/n 5338. Traxxas option parts are 5338R, and 5338A, both in aluminum. If you want titanium, these Lunsford Racing parts will do the trick: http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...Code=TRUC-TRRE

Pushrods sit in front of the A-Arms and way in front of the toe links. I know he said it connects to the sheering (steering?) but if he drove it into something (I'm guessing he was going forwards) chances are he'd hit the pushrod not a toelink right??

Either way mate - get both the traxxas toelink and pushrod red upgrades!

ERBE what is this part? (new user)

Ha! I must have been looking at it upside down after a long work week. Sorry - clinical is indeed correct. Thanks for the correction of my uncorrection.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    It's actually the one that is more horizontal (not the one in the most front, but the one that actually does the steering). It was a front end hit so it blows my mind how this one snapped and not the other one! The collision wasn't even too hard - must just have been a perfectly bad hit.

Here is a picture: (nevermind I do not have a host to upload a picture to dang!).

It is the longer of the two metal cylinder rods, the one that actually moves the tire to steer.

Thanks!

RC Champion
    That most likely was a defective part to began with. Them rods should last a good while before they break or bend.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s