RC Enthusiast

first run of my new erbe....have some questions

ok.last night i installed the tranny and my traxxas steel driveshafts to finally complete my build from scratch. anyways, i couldnt wait to run her so i went this mornign before work and ran into one (prob small issue) that i cant seem to figure out what or why or how it could happen. The right rear drive shaft (remeber im using the traxxas steel ones) popped out twice on me. Now i wasnt jumping or doing anything crazy yet. i was just breaking it in and doing some half throttle speed runs. But on a couple of occasions the right rear shaft kept coming out of the drive cup. Now when i went to try and pop back in i cant figure out how it could come out in the first place. i mean i had to loosen up the wheel supports or whatever they are called to have enough room to slide the dogbone part of the shaft back into the cup. I then movedd the suspension all around to try and figure out how this thing could have came out in the first place. So it put it back in and check it like i said, go for another run and it happened again. This time i was doing some wheelies when i noticed it fall out again.Did i miss something when building this thing in the rear diff or in the housing...........ANY SUGGESTIONS?......So i can fix and beat the **** out of this thing after work today.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxskp View Post
    ok.last night i installed the tranny and my traxxas steel driveshafts to finally complete my build from scratch. anyways, i couldnt wait to run her so i went this mornign before work and ran into one (prob small issue) that i cant seem to figure out what or why or how it could happen. The right rear drive shaft (remeber im using the traxxas steel ones) popped out twice on me. Now i wasnt jumping or doing anything crazy yet. i was just breaking it in and doing some half throttle speed runs. But on a couple of occasions the right rear shaft kept coming out of the drive cup. Now when i went to try and pop back in i cant figure out how it could come out in the first place. i mean i had to loosen up the wheel supports or whatever they are called to have enough room to slide the dogbone part of the shaft back into the cup. I then movedd the suspension all around to try and figure out how this thing could have came out in the first place. So it put it back in and check it like i said, go for another run and it happened again. This time i was doing some wheelies when i noticed it fall out again.Did i miss something when building this thing in the rear diff or in the housing...........ANY SUGGESTIONS?......So i can fix and beat the **** out of this thing after work today.
    No you haven't missed anything! The steel CVD's do indeed pop out very often!

With your current drive cups you can try screwing the pivot balls in further to give yourself a mm or 2 more of travel inside the drive cup.

But for me, the solution was to replace the drive cups with the extended drive cups.

rpm a arms?? they have more flex causing the driveshaft's to pop out easily. ^extended cups^
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    i dont understand this i had a e revo brushless with the traxxas CVDs and the never popped out

RC Enthusiast
    no...stock arms. i tighented up the pivot balls just now. That side was out more than the other side. Should help me so thank you for the hint. i also ordered extended cups. thank you all for replying so fast.