RC Competitor

Pro-line Big Joe II 3.8's

I just got my brushless erevo and I must say it's pretty bad ***!! One thing I'm still on the fence over is tires. I know alot of people recommended the bad lands but right now I have a full set of big joe 2s mounted on desperado wheels. I checked the specs and saw that they are a little wider and taller than the stock talons and badlands. The big joes look pretty awesome but the last thing I wanna do is start breaking parts. Do u guys think they will be ok on it or should I definitely go with smaller tirez?

RC Competitor
    with bigger tires you will destroy diffs and other things from the drivetrain

RC Qualifier
    +1 on big tires adding strain on the drive train.
    ERBE,MERV, Original T-maxx

RC Competitor
    Arrrrrggghhhh!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    My trencher X's are big and they used to eat diffs for breakfast.
    Then I installed the LST diffs and kept the trenchers with no worries!
    Big tires break weak diffs.
    Go the badlands or keep the joes and drive like Miss Daisy is on board.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ1224 View Post
    +1 on big tires adding strain on the drive train.
    He is talking about big joe 2 which awe significantly lighter than the original big joes and they are also much lighter than trencher x. You should be fine with big joe 2. I have them and before I did thw lst mod I never busted a diff. Granted I only had them on for a couple months before doing. The lst mod. I run 6s

RC Competitor
    My neighbor has them on his revo - runs only on 4S, and they work just fine. Been running them for a while and no issues with his diffs.

Before that, he had the original big joes, and had no issues with them either.

RC Competitor
    Thanks alot guys! I don't usually go evil kinevil on my rc's so I'm guessing they should be fine...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrim999 View Post
    Thanks alot guys! I don't usually go evil kinevil on my rc's so I'm guessing they should be fine...
    what tires did you end up going with im in the same discussion now with my brushless emaxx
    i dont want to big

RC poster
    I used a set of Big Joe 2's on my E-Revo all summer and loved them. I geared at 18/65 and mostly drive on grass. Over the summer the only drive line part I broke was a drive shaft.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by arp15001 View Post
    what tires did you end up going with im in the same discussion now with my brushless emaxx
    i dont want to big
    Well the funny thing is that I still have the stock Talons on! When I was browsing the quick start guide when I first got the revo, I saw instructions for properly breaking in the slipper clutch before changing the gearing or using 6S Lipo. So being the worrier that I am, I've been using 4S and left the stock tires on. My plan was to sell the Big Joe 2's in order to purchase a different set. If anything happened to the Talons, I would have kept the Joes and put them on. But they are still running strong. I've done alot of research online and found alot of people using Trencher X's and Big Joe 2's and they are very happy with them. My conclusion is its going to come down to personal preference based on battery power/gearing, type of terrain, and the way its going to be driven. I plan to change the gearing but I'll be sticking with 4S (for now hehe). My brother did the same thing last year using the Joes and he hasn't had any problems at all.

Also, I read about people using the thunder tiger tires with their revos and I found this article favoring the Big Joe 2's...
    http://www.bigsquidrc.com/hop-up-ser...w-wheelstires/

I thought that was funny Big Squid talking about hop up tires for the Thunder Tiger and they chose the Joes!!
    Last edited by MrGrim999; 09-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.

RC Competitor
    Update....After changing the gearing, rear talon tire fell apart so the Joes will be going on today. Let's see how they hold up....