RC Competitor

Traxxas link app wont connect to transmitter

Hi, i recently bought a slash 4x4 ultimate. I have driven it a few times (awesome car) along with the traxxas link app connected to the transmitter. I've really enjoyed the app nutildags now - now the app wont connect to the transmitter and the TX icon in the upper left corner keep lighting red. I've tried to uninstall the app, i tried with another phone, and a log more, but nothing really seems to help. So i you have a clue please help me.
    Last edited by Offroader13; 07-24-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Need more info..... what idevices have you tried and are you using the newest version of the app?
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

RC Competitor
    Im using an iPhone 4 and i've also tried with an 4s, but there were no difference. I updated the app about 3 days ago and since it wont connect, i can't see available updates, it just says that the TX icon in the status bar needs to be green to find available updates.

RC Enthusiast
    I've just run into the same issue. Two days ago, it was working fine. Now, I go to make some tweaks to the servo throw and I find out the settings aren't taking hold. I then notice that I don't have a green TX icon.

The last thing I did was tap the "set receiver to link mode". After that, I can't get into "connect" when I tap it.

RC Enthusiast
    Thought about what exactly transpired with the system last night and i think I may have tripped a bug -- going into the app, tapping "connect" then tapping (i think) "set receiver to link mode" seems to be what caused the radio to brick on me.

also, last night, i tested it to see if i could do a bind. that did not work either. funny thing is, when i power it up normally, the system works fine. green light on the receiver and it functions as expected.

so until i can figure out how to revert the changes, my dock is now a 70 dollar paperweight.
    Last edited by Sabin; 07-25-2014 at 12:49 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    i know this might be in poor taste -- replying thrice to a topic, but without the ability to edit the previous posts, this is the best i can do.

I just got off the phone with traxxas tech support, and they suggest to clean the connector on both sides. if not, then I would need an rma. I'll try the former first and hopfully it'll work. I only have a little over two weeks to get this thing working again before the august 10 drag races.

RC Competitor
    Did it help?

RC Enthusiast
    nope. it's an RMA now.

Until it's replaced, the funny car will have spektrum gear instead.

RC Competitor
    Sorry, im kind of a newbie into all this, but what is an RMA?

RC poster
    My tqi does'nt like my iPh4s for some reason. My girlfriends phone is connecting ok but instument does not respond to cars
    speed etc...?

RC poster
    Same problem with my 4, 4s and iPod. I think it is the recent app update? I sent it in (RMA), they reflashed the receiver and it still does not work for ME.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroader13 View Post
    Sorry, im kind of a newbie into all this, but what is an RMA?
    Return Merchandise Authorization
    Play Hard, Have fun!