RC Racer

Can I get some LiPo help and info

Can yall help me understand c ratings and how to charge lipos i only use nimh. batteries right now also r there any waterproof lipos thks also what is discharge and what is a balance charger?
    Last edited by The man11; 07-20-2014 at 09:45 PM.

RC Racer
    84 years and no one willing to help a guy out

RC Enthusiast
    The Man11

It surprises me no one has responded to you, they are usually pretty good about it. I am also new to lipo and have been doing a ton of research. Look through the lipo forum and look for Jimmie Neutron's posts. I have learned everything I need to know from this guy and his information is stellar. I couldn't tell you exactly what you need to know, I would have to refer to Jimmie's notes..... All I can say is SPC is a great battery, the higher the C rating the better, and always use a balance charger. Good luck

RC Racer
    Thks nag
    i will look for neutrons posts

RC Qualifier
    When you charge a Lipo you charge it at 1amp per 1000mah like Nimh because a Lipo has multiple cells the chargers that can charge Lipos have a balance Port for the balance plug for example a 2s lipo totals up too 7.4V but each sell holds 3.7V so the Balance plug equally place the voltage to the cells.
    Monster Energy MT, F-150 Raptor Stampede, Teton

RC Champion
    There are two C numbers,
    First C rating is the discharge rate should be double figures ie. 25C-40C the first digits 25C is the contstant discharge rate. This number is the multiplier with the capacity to give the ammount of amps it can constantly sustain for a length of time 25C 3000mah = 25C x (3000/1000) = 75Amps with a burst rating (about several seconds) 40C 3000mah = 120Amps.

Second C number is charge rate usually single digits, standard is 1C, again a multiplier, 1C x (3000/1000) = 3A, or if higher 2C x (3000/1000)=6A
    A fully charged standard lipo voltage is 4.2Volts per cell, A storage voltage is 3.85V per cell approximately.

Discharge is simply taking the charge out of the battery.

A balance charger is a lipo charger that has an integrated balance port. Pretty much all lipo chargers have this now, they didn't years ago and an external balancer had to be used, There was more fires in them days.
    Lipos have balance plugs and they need to match the balance connector on the charger, jst-xh is the most common, but there is several types.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Champion
    Jimmie is the man he has helped me a lot.
    just a basher