RC poster

7 cell hump 4200mah battery very hot issues

Hello,

I was running my 2WD Stampede and afterwords the 7 cell hump battery pack was very hot! Even underneath the chassis was HOT! I had this battery since about 2012.

I was running on a paved road. To me it didn't seem to have a lot of power.
    Is it time to throw it away?

Thanks!

RC Champion
    Depends on the temps. As nimhs are used, they get hot as current is drawn from the battery from resistance. If it gets so hot that the battery starts leaking then I would definitely consider it trash. Have your run times dropped much?
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC poster
    My run times seems to be dropping. The last run felt like "where's the power at"? I am using the Traxxas ez peak 4amp charger. Do you know of any good chargers out in the market that can charge two batteries at once with balancing? I was looking at the Duratrax Onyx 245.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxDMonsterTruck View Post
    My run times seems to be dropping. The last run felt like "where's the power at"? I am using the Traxxas ez peak 4amp charger. Do you know of any good chargers out in the market that can charge two batteries at once with balancing? I was looking at the Duratrax Onyx 245.
    I have the Onyx 245 and so far it's been good to me , but if you plan on going lipo it will ony handle 3s and it don't have storage mod . Just a thought .
    1 Rusty VXL