Thread: E-Slayer

RC Champion

E-Slayer

I am looking for your pics of your E-Slayer with different tires. I'm just getting tires ideas.
    Thanks,
    Clay
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-17-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion
    I looked thru the Slayer Pic Gallery for tire ideas. What I'm wondering is which tires perform the best on dirt on an E-Slayer? Badlands?
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    I looked thru the Slayer Pic Gallery for tire ideas. What I'm wondering is which tires perform the best on dirt on an E-Slayer? Badlands?

the badlands will work great for bashing but most tracks don't allow it as they will tear up the track.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Champion
    Your assuming I'm going to be racing......I'm a basher at heart!!
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Your assuming I'm going to be racing......I'm a basher at heart!!

lol naw. Most people here are bashers. I would rather be a racer which makes the e slayer limited to the mod class which can be tough to compete in so I didn't do an e-slayer conversion.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC poster
    I know you want tire pics but these wheels are great for for the slayer. I've got 3 sets with proline trencher sc/caliber 2.0/striker

http://www.rcplanet.com/DE_Racing_Tr.../dersct17b.htm
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3

RC Champion
    When I do finally do this E-Slayer conversion, I have already decided to use these wheels because I HPP Wheel Hubs because they are 17mm hexes and 2.2 tires.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Racer
    I converted my hexes to 12mm so i can swap wheels back and forth with my slash 4x4
    sweet and sour traxxas power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by uk slasher View Post
    I converted my hexes to 12mm so i can swap wheels back and forth with my slash 4x4
    How did you do that?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Racer
    Tekno rc do a 12mm hex with a larger bore that fit straight on in plastic or metal,they are the ones for their slash 4x4 hub conversion
    sweet and sour traxxas power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I remember the revo platform handling eeyons better than the Max platform, and being much more durable. Do you guys find the same is true with an e slayer over a 4x4 slash? I wonder if the progressive suspension would be much better for hyooooge jumps! ( When I go for the largest jumps at full speed my slash goes into an uncorrectable forward rotation)
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    What kind of tires are you using? I think remember someone saying that some tires may not be able to correct mid-flight. Are you using lipos? And are you at full throttle when you approach the jump? Because if your at full throttle, you may not have enough power to correct your Slash. I don't remember which way is needed to correct which direction. I have learned to correct, but it's been awhile since I have jumped. LoL
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 08-28-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I am decent at controlling a truck in flight. However, with my mt slash-2.8 badlands, losi 2800, 4s-I approached a skateboard ramp full tilt once. I swear to you the truck sailed a good hundred feet, and was waaaaay in the air.

Ever since then I've been obsessed with trying to nail that jump. I've come close, but not quite. I wanna land it and get it on video. I believe the tail end slaps the ramp and sends the truck into a forward rotation. I've been playing with things to see if I can tone it down. This particular truck has been broken for a bit, though. I like having one truck that I mainly jump and go for crazy air with. Then another that mainly just runs around a track and stays at normal heights.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    DE 17mm wheels and trencher x tires.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    If your trying to correct your RC mid air and your nose diving, pull the throttle forward. But make sure you release the throttle before your wheels touch the ground or you will strip your diffs and possibly your tranny. And I found that if you released the throttle just before you jump, then you will have power to correct your positioning.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 08-29-2014 at 09:31 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Qualifier
    Heavier tires/rims will make it easier to correct mid flight but slow down your acceleration. Heavy tires are also why a brushless Revo can do a full summersault when you lock up the brakes mid air Always compromises everywhere, its just where you are willing to compromise to get the results you are after.

The standard Eslayer conversion is a little top heavy to take corners at speed and has trouble keeping up with the 4x4 slash in the twisties. However drop the COG down and it becomes a very capable corner carver. Slash drivers were beating their best times at the track I was at thanks to the speed it can carry in the corners.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.