RC Racer

What is the largest prop you tried ?

What prop you tryied was the largest and how was the results ?? I just asking how big you can get with a modified spartan , i mean , with an upgrade motor and esc ! For sure you are limited with the stock setup !
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Qualifier
    I have run the Octura X448. This is a 1.9 inch prop with a pitch of 2.660. The prop does work with my set ups but is so aggressive you can not keep the boat in the water. It can only be used in perfect flat calm conditions. My sons boat ran 68.6 mph with the Octura X447 and if we ever get the perfect conditions again we will try the X448. If we could trim the boat correctly I think we could do 70 mph.

RC Racer
    68.6 mph is very impressive , you really need a very glassy water to achieve that speed !!! i think you got the seaking 180 / leo 4082 setup on that spartan ?? How the temp with that prop ?

RC Qualifier
    X645 on a 4082 1600kv / SK180 setup.

No real problems except for a significant increase in torque roll.

hog

RC Qualifier
    My temps are always very good with the twin water pickups and outlets. Usually the motor is around 90 degrees and the ESC and capacitors are around 110 degrees. The lipos can run up to 125 degrees. This is with 6400mah bats and a run time of twenty to twenty five minutes. Yes that is the SK 180 ESC and the leopard 4082 1600KV motor

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    X645 on a 4082 1600kv / SK180 setup.

No real problems except for a significant increase in torque roll.

hog

did you have torque roll problem all the time or just when you snap the throttle ??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    My temps are always very good with the twin water pickups and outlets. Usually the motor is around 90 degrees and the ESC and capacitors are around 110 degrees. The lipos can run up to 125 degrees. This is with 6400mah bats and a run time of twenty to twenty five minutes. Yes that is the SK 180 ESC and the leopard 4082 1600KV motor
    The leo 4082 1600kv and the sk 180a seem to be a very good setup for the spartan, for sure the temps was good and your running time is very good !!

RC Qualifier
    The boat was leaned over all the time, but more so when accelerating hard.

I didn't spend much time trying to correct it by modifying my setup, I just went back to a P220 prop.

hog

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    The boat was leaned over all the time, but more so when accelerating hard.

I didn't spend much time trying to correct it by modifying my setup, I just went back to a P220 prop.

hog
    for sure the x645 got a lot of pitch compare to stock ! If the performance don't give enough to have it , better go with another that work better !!