RC Qualifier

Question Question about weak flight

I need more throttle just to maintain hover.

I'm not sure if my battery is a goner or one of the motor(s) are dying.

When the Alias was new I needed around 27 throttle to maintain hover now after a full charge I need 35-40, not sure if a motor(s) is weak and the others are compensating, or time for a new battery.

Recently I was flying eye level, goofing around, and I almost hit max throttle just to stay within my my eye level, there was a breeze tho.

RC poster
    that about right could be dirty bearings or the props are getting ding up to.look for a prop or props that spop spinning soon them the rest tear it down inspect all bearings and shafts.

RC poster
    A quad is never better than its worst motor. It has zero redundancy. The hexa and octocopters have redundant motors so that if one is a bit sluggish the others can compensate. Not that you ever want that.

If you find that you need to give it a lot more throttle just to hover and flight is starting to get erratic, hold the chopper by the body and tilt it down at each corner. The motor(s) that does not spin as fast as the others is the bad one. Replace.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If you find that you need to give it a lot more throttle just to hover and flight is starting to get erratic, hold the chopper by the body and tilt it down at each corner. The motor(s) that does not spin as fast as the others is the bad one. Replace.
    Fwiw, you can do the "dip test" holding the quad upside-down too.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =