RC poster

Replacement Alias not available?

Does anyone know where I can buy just an Alias quadcopter no controller? I was letting my friend fly mine and he lost it out in the trees. Obviously I don't want to buy another controller if i dont have to but it seems like I might since when I called Traxxas they told me there was nothing they could do for me.

RC poster
    You can piece one together using ebay and so on...

Airframe:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/161343531940?nav=SEARCH

Motherboard:
    Googled this...
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/traxxas/...y-board-b.html

Engines:
    Why not try Micromotors?

http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...cts/cl-0820-15

RC poster
    I couldn't find the motherboard before otherwise I was going to get all the parts from a main hobby (huge local store). After talking to Traxxas more they have worked out a way for me to buy a new quadcopter.

RC Competitor
    Chicomathrc... My Girlfriend/Soon to be wife We just got NEW Alias's from A-Main Hobbies... We love that Hobby store we get all of our parts for our T-maxx's & 4-Tech's from A-Main... But glad Traxxas is working with you on a replacement TRAXXAS is VERY GOOD on warranties but when a Friend crashes your Heli there's really nothing Traxxas can Do for you on that issue... IN GENERAL DONT LET NO-ONE FLY/USE YOUR R/C'S... We get that all the time @ the park KIDS coming up to US asking to LET THEM TRY RUNNING OUR TRUCKS ALL THE TIME... WE ALWAYS KINDLY REFUSE THERE REQUEST... & THEN WE GET THE " PLEASE LET ME TRY IT ( I PROMISE I WONT BREAK IT SKIT) & WE STILL REFUSE... REMEMBER THE PERSON WHO BREAKS IT ON YOU (WONT CARE BECASE ITS NOT THERE's) & I am sure your Friend is not willing to chip in MONEY for a replacement Heli... Witch I feel your Friend SHOULD CHIP in SOME MONEY since he's the 1 that crashed it... But hopefully you will get another Alias soon JUST REMEBER NOT TO ALLOW ANYONE BUT YOU TO FLY IT ( I THINK YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON)....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chicomathrc View Post
    I couldn't find the motherboard before otherwise I was going to get all the parts from a main hobby (huge local store). After talking to Traxxas more they have worked out a way for me to buy a new quadcopter.
    What was the outcome? I have heard the question a few times before. what happens when I loose the thing.

RC poster
    thanks for the advice, my friend offered to pay for it all and then to at least pay for half but I declined because I felt it was a freak accident and I can afford a new one fine. You are right though, I would not let any kids at the park fly my stuff, only people I 100% trust would replace it if they broke it.

@knall: ultimately I was able to purchase a quadcopter with battery for ~93$