RC poster

Color strip revelation

Perhaps this is a newbe thing but anyway:

Tonight I set up my alias to have the left front strip red and the right front strip green. The back ones where left white.

And to my surprise I could fly nose in for the first time without loosing control. Flying in eights where manageble. (Still a bit trixy but leagues better than before)

Everything just clicked better for me. It was so much easier to think of the controller as having directions in color for some reason. It transported me into the cockpit of the quad. Now i think "go red" "go green" for sideways and "go color" "go white" for forward and back.

If you have had trouble flying nose in please do yourself a favour and buy a set of different color strips. You will not be sorry.

Thanks for sharing, you never know what little tips and tricks will work. What you did was very simple, and I'm glad it was effective.
    Something that has helped me with flying nose-in was the advice, "Turn toward the danger," also quoted as "Turn toward the trouble." This means that if you are nose-in and getting too close to that tree or that building or your ear, you turn toward the respective object, which is actually turning away from it.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Yes exactly like that. That was my inspiration.
    Added a green and red prop aswell.

The thing with the colors makes it almost irrelevant what direction I am flying. When I get close to danger I just steer with the color that gets me out of it.

Now if I could only come up with something that makes judging distance easier...

RC Qualifier
    I REALLY like this idea.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MattiasM View Post
    Yes exactly like that. That was my inspiration.
    Added a green and red prop aswell.

The thing with the colors makes it almost irrelevant what direction I am flying. When I get close to danger I just steer with the color that gets me out of it.
    Now if I could only come up with something that makes judging distance easier...
    I researched this just because I thought it would be cool to follow standard aircraft rules but apparently it has a practical side as well!

RC Competitor
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    I researched this a while back and have been thinking about doing it as well.

This might have just convinced me to do it.

RC poster
    I'm very happy with it. And it is a fairly cheap thing to try.

Im planning on buying the all white body and canopy cause i think it would look awesome with that and the aeroplane light.

Cant seem to find any white canopys for sale. Out of stock on the whole googlewebs...