RC poster

Question Can I program my 2.4ghz radio for throttle control?

Hi guys, I am new to forum and have found a ton of info that has answered many of my questions! You guys are awesome! Anyways, I have a new 2wd slash with VXL3s and velineon motor! Fast compared to my old slash with brushed motor, but I have hard time staying on track(dirt). I am still new to this hobby, been in the game about a year, building a track at my house(75% complete) and noticed when I run especially full out that I am all over the place. Now I am running nimh 8.4v, want to go to lipo, and was trying to find a way to cut the throttle to 3/4 or around there without having to go back into training mode,lol. I maybe asking a crazy question but on my old slash there was a card in the bottom of radio with programming directions for many things but I don't have one with this one. If this is do-able, I would appreciate any advice.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    does this radio have the 2 menu buttons on it? If so, then you can adjust the throttle end points.

Page 13 in this pdf is what you are looking for:
    http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ual-120130.pdf
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Crasher,
    Your TQI has two red buttons on top, right ? (Menu and set). You can use them to re-program the multi-function knob for throttle. I think its factory set as a steering sensitivity (expo). Works the same way on the throttle control. See the manual for details (rag6 posted the pdf link in above post).

FYI - I am using a 3S lipo on my VXL 2WD with stock gearing and what a difference over the stock NIMH batteries ! You really need to be careful to keep it on the road and in control. Also keep an eye on the esc and motor temps. Looking back, I would have been better off with the 2S.

Good luck and post pics of your track !

Bob

dont adjust expo, adjust the end points. expo will reduce both throttle and brake at the same time, while end points will let you adjust the throttle and brake separately...

RC Enthusiast
    Cool, didn't realize that. I am using the multi function knob for throttle sensitivity so my slash doesn't leave the atmosphere when I hit throttle on 3S lol... (knob fully right). I will look into adjusting end points.

Thanks for the tip.

Bob

RC poster
    Yes it does , thanks for that as i have not paid attention to this until now! Lol!

RC poster
    Thanks bobbyd! I will pull the manual today and start tinkering with it! My slash has two red buttons, menu and set and my raptor has one red button as it is a 2.4 but only a TQ and not a TQi! My buddy and I will be tinkering with it today and working on our track! I will post some picks in a few weeks as we are about 50% finished! The driving is getting better, we are looking at different tires as we are running the stock BF Goodrich and Kumhos, but I feel they are two hard a compound. I like the realistic look but they stink for control! Thanks for the tips!

RC poster
    Great thanks rag6!

RC Qualifier
    Try the pitbull rock beast sc tires out won't regret them!

RC poster
    I have a correction on the track as I said 75% and 50% complete, as we keep changing some of the layout and reworking it and it seems as it will never be finished! Thanks guys for the help and happy bashing!

RC poster
    Sweet! I will check those out!

RC Enthusiast
    I put on a set of Street fighters rear tires for my slash this weekend, as I do most of my bashing on pavement. Wow, they really grip. Good luck on the track.

Bobby D

Also, if this is a trx link or tqi, you may be able to assign the throttle end point to the multi function nob. You should be able to turn the max throttle setting up or down on the fly. Not sure on that one...