RC Qualifier

3s lipo?, 4s lipo?

I bought a used E maxx and it works great with 2s lipo's in my grass, Does wheely's at will, motor temp fine.
    What would i expect from 3s or 4s? This thing is already faster than my other traxxas cars in the grass. Is it worth going to 3s? Thanks; Don

RC Racer
    Temperatur will rise but the truck will get more speed and power and most will say more fun.

You can not run more than 4 s because the esc can not take more than 4 s if you have the brushed esc or version and the internal bec can not take more than 2 s so you can not run a 3 s batteries
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-07-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Mine has the EVX2 esc. Thanks for the information. Mine is a model 3905. the manual says the BEC voltage is 6 volts from the EVX2. Don
    Last edited by dontrinko; 07-07-2014 at 06:30 AM.

RC Competitor
    You are saying that you are running 2 2s lipos and since the esc is wired in series, this adds up to 4s. If you have the EVX-2 version, this is the highest you can go. With two 3s batteries, which is i think what you are considering doing, would add up to 6s and that is not recommended for the EVX-2. If however, you have the Mamba Monster ESC, then 6s is fine, but don't try using 2 4s batteries in series, 8s is just TOO much for just about any system!

Also, I would NOT run 2 lipos with different capacities at the same time. You may damage your lipos and we all know how expensive they are!

Hope this helped!

RC Qualifier
    I did not know the batteries were in series. This explains why it is so fast.
    I am care full not to fully discharge the lipos and I do have several of the lipo alarms I can use.
    Instead of buying a couple 3s I will but a 2s to match one of mine. Thanks; Don
    Last edited by dontrinko; 07-07-2014 at 01:17 PM.