RC poster

Lost my Alias. can I make it beep or flash?

Flew in the dark. Cracy fun. Feels like something out of close encounters... Went to far and to high so the 30second battery warning beep was not enough for me to have time to reel it in. (Lost my pilot wings right there)
    The thing went dark and fell like a rock from at least 50 meters. Hard to tell how far away it was. Now i cant find it. It is probably stuck in a tree or a hedge somewhere along the line of sight. Is it possible to make it beep or flash after battery cutoff?

If not I'm pretty much calling of the search. Is the copter sold separatley somewhere?

/Mattias

By now the battery is dead. Once it gets past the rapid beeps there is not much you can do other than continue to search for it.
    Best to do the high flying at the beginning of the pack and closer to you as the pack nears the end.
    You may be able to find the Alias separately, or you could buy the entire package and sell the transmitter.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    call traxxas I heard a rumor they sell it w out remote ect

RC poster
    Thank you!

I guess it is left to luck then. The neighbours kids have been promised a reward. That might do the trick.

Anyway, I ordered a new Alias because why have one when you can have two for twice the price?

RC poster
    So... Helicopter located. It fell at least 100 meters further downwind than i thought. And in the top of a tree... Like really high up. So the next step is to muster up the courage to climb that monster. I will not go higher up then what i can resonably survive falling from. I will bring my patentpending recoverystick. (6 meters worth of Bambu sticks jerryrigged with electric tape and a bent nail as a hook in the end)

RC poster
    I survived... And the helicopter aswell. I managed to push it down with my stick.

Lets hope the battery charges after beeing left plugged in for a couple of days...

Strangest thing was that someone had been way way up in the canopy of the tree before me and hammered in one single large nail in the trunk of the tree. (I found it by scratching my hand bloody on it...) I wonder why. The tree was absolutley not of the treehouse type. Hard as heck to climb.

RC Racer
    FWIW, I lost mine for three days but I was stubborn and finally found it. My battery was obviously low but it seems to have survived and I can't tell any performance difference between it and it's brothers. Maybe just lucky.