RC poster

Newbie question.

Hi all. I bought my 6 year old a 2wd slash about 10 months ago and he loves it. Lady run the motor got quite hot and has stopped working all together. So while I need to replace the motor I'm thinking of giving it a little more speed but don't wont to go to lipo just yet.
    What are the best motors as for as durability are.
    Thanks heaps guys.

RC Racer
    no direct experience with slash (i have a rustler and a bandit) but i think you'll hear good things about the Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT combined with the neucastle 3800 motor.

RC Qualifier
    Grab up the New Velineon system!! The new 4 pole geared correctly should be all but exempt from heat issues, pack plenty of punch and come in at a lower price than its CC counterpart.

Also...considering i wont be able to get mine for another month or two i can get some reviews on this new combo!! lol

Seriously though, youve got to have one happy six year old. The Slash is quite a bit of truck for a youngster!
    Race em Clean em Wrench em Repeat...

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum the new vxl or the castle creations sidewinder sct are great combos also the mamba max pro 4600kv runs great on the stock batts and 2s lipo
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC poster
    Thanks guys. Was kinda hoping not to spend quite that much.
    Do I need to replace the ecu?

RC Racer
    well after i burned my second titan, i temporarily changed to a hpi 20T saturn. it never got hot, but the speed dropped a little. i didn't change the gearing though, so maybe if i had used a bigger pinion, speeds might have increased too.

RC poster
    Hi Travntor and hi all, this is my first post and I am looking forward to all the good tips and info available here! Well Travntor, I am on my second slash and have a vxl raptor on the way! I had the same problem with the 12T overheating and burning up. Switched for a few weeks to a HPI 15turn, I think, anyways, ran so much cooler but sacrificed a bit of torque and speed. I did not have to change my ESC and as far as I know, my buddys daughter is still running that motor with no probs. I did do something different though as far as breaking it in, I used the water break-in method and feel it made a diff. Hope this helps and am eager to learn from the masters of bashing, lol!

RC Qualifier
    All IMO; Get a IR thermometer and time your runs checking the temp ever couple minutes. This will tell you how long you can run and keep motor temp reasonable.(160). Then you will know how long runs should be without major motor damage. Don

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the IR it will also help you gear properly too hot lower your gearing until you hit good temps
    Race em Clean em Wrench em Repeat...