RC Racer

motor question...

I have one of my new sets of first run Traxxas motors in my red and black chrome Alias. the motors have 4 flights on them. on the second flight, I noticed something that I thought was just my eyes playing tricks on me with the blades. on turns and rolls, every now and then, it looked like the front right motor was stopping and starting? I didn't really give it much thought at first, because it was flying like it was perfectly fine. tonight on the third and fourth flights, I saw it doing this again, same motor, same thing, but tonight... I noticed a difference in its power especially on right hand turns and it took much more throttle to keep it from dropping than it did before.

I am guessing that the motor is about to go?
    Think YELLOW Traxxas, please make a YELLOW Alias.

Could be but I would try recalibrating the accelerometers before I lay the blame on a failing motor.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Could be but I would try recalibrating the accelerometers before I lay the blame on a failing motor.
    did it before I flew today. I dont fly outside of expert mode, so I am not sure how the accelerometers could be at the root of this unless I have mis-understood their function? they are used in beginner and exp1 mode for auto leveling, correct?

and a little later... bad motor. replaced that one with a new one and all is well. power is back, fly's great. was dark out, so couldn't see the props, but don't really need to. the difference is night and day in its performance.
    Last edited by spoonerrw; 07-04-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Think YELLOW Traxxas, please make a YELLOW Alias.