Thread: Oh Yea!

RC Qualifier

Oh Yea!

Ordered me that new Traxxas telemetry expander with a GPS, and three smart temp sensors last week. The voltage and motor temp sensor that I have on my Spartan now have worked out well, so I would like to be able to keep an eye out for my battery and ESC temps too. This Telemetry stuff is nice, because you can set alarm limits on all your critical components. If you don't here an alarm, you're good to keep on, keepen on.

RC poster
    Sounds cool, what exactly does all that do? I take it that you run your boat back to back with lotsa batteries don't you?
    Spartan - stock
    Stampede - velineon upgrade

RC Qualifier
    Yep, I like to make at least eight 6400mah runs, but I usually do six 6400mah runs with four 10,000mah (four 5000mah batteries) runs. My turn around time is only a few minutes unless I grease my flex drive. I can do that every other run because of a mod I did to my boat. Also, my batteries are all Traxxas 11.2vdc 25c batteries.

RC Qualifier
    as far as I know you cant use speed telemery on boats

RC Qualifier
    You can if you get the new Traxxas Expander Module & GPS attachment, and that's what I ordered (as mentioned above). Got the Expander Module & GPS the other day. Now I'm just waiting on the Smart Sensors. I would of got everything at one time, but I didn't know you needed the Temp Smart Sensors rather than the normal one when using this Expander Module.