RC poster

High speed questions

Hey,
    I'm thinking about making a speed machine out of a slash that goes 90 +mph. I want to know if it should be a 2wd or a 4wd.
    I figure with a 4wd I will kind of be like a prostock and have my front wheels off the ground for a few seconds while I am running.
    With the 2wd I wont have to worry about the front wheels but that will be dead weight.
    Thanks,
    That Slash Guy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    4x4 is the way to go, I have a Rally GT8 with 1/8 system on 4s, sweep tires, X3 body (see my sig) and so far I got it up to 79mph gearing 20T34T Mod1. I change the pinion to 25T, just waiting for the body to arrive (PF8).

I cant speak on 2wd as I don't own one
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    id go with 4x4 since they stop a whole lot faster. well that and they take off faster. also gonna need some downforce on the front. i recently converted my rustler to a 2wd slash and when i first got on the throttle around id guess like 40mph or so it flipped back. ive seen then used the nitro fuel tube around the front shocks shaft to lowered it and it doesnt do it anymore.

RC poster
    Cool! Thanks

I also agree with everyone who says 4x4! I had a Slash 4x4 that ran 79.79 mph! It had the Castle Creations 2400 sct system on 4s!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I would agree with the others using 4x4 for speed runs. I'd think you'll have better control like an all wheel drive vehicle as long as the drive train can hold up to high speed runs and you easy on the throttle from a standing start so it won't pull to one side and get you into trouble