Thread: New 4x4 owner

RC poster

New 4x4 owner

Hello I got a slash 4x4 Greg Adler edition model #68086, I've put sway bars on it. I run on dirt/short grass fields/pavement, what are some good upgrades to start with. I've gotten into the hobby about a year ago but I'm still learning. I was thinking about the LCG chassis but not sure. My budget is somewhat limited right now but hopefully not for long. I'm looking to keep this truck for a while. I'd also like to try running it on a track at some point. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forum! If you haven't yet, get the aluminum slipper bearing adapter. The stock one will melt and seize up the drivetrain.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...FURqfgodWqMAng

Other than that (and an IR temp gun), I would just replace stuff as it breaks. These are pretty tough trucks right out of the box.

Also, be very careful if you run 3s on the stock setup, it runs very hot and you'll go through drive shafts like crazy. Enjoy the new truck!

RC Qualifier

Sure the LCG is better overall, and especially on tracks. The whole conversion kit has part nr TRA7421.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Racer
    If you are going to run on the track I recommend lcg and better tires

RC Qualifier
    Just curious, as it sounds like the new version. How's it running. I have both versions HCG and LCG. Don't know why but I'm really liking my HCG much better then the LCG for some reason it seems to handle better. Guess I'm more used to it then the LCG as it still need to go slow while cornering on pavement or the LCG will easily flip as well or rear tire want to raise if going too fast in a corner. I'll need more time on the LCG to figure it out as I've got the HCG dialed in ok now. Does there seem to be more room in the chassis as they say you can fit a bigger castle motor in it now.

RC Racer
    Sounds like your suspension isn't set up very well on your lcg

RC Qualifier
    Definitely get a temp gun, especially if you're driving in grass. Grass really gets the motor hot. If it is running too hot gear it down as much as you can to keep the temp under 160F. If it is still too hot I would suggest running the truck somewhere else (if you can) or replace the system (kind of costly and adds up to much more than just a motor and esc). If you just bought the Slash you might have the new motor & ESC combo and hopefully it will stay cooler. Other than that I wouldn't buy upgrades on a limited budget until things start breaking. The truck is pretty tough just as it is. I bought my VERY used HCG Slash a few months ago and have only broken an A-arm and a motor. The motor went quick and was probably on it's last legs when I got it. I have smashed this thing off a telephone pole in my yard at least 10 times now and it keeps coming back for more.

RC Champion
    Congrats, you will definitely like this truck.
    I built a Slash from scratch and it cost me under 150$ as a roller (already had the ESC and motors).
    Its one tough truck, slowly changing things as they break and also have a lot of 2wd pede parts that I will transfer over. (eg extended FLM rear arms).

Eventually I will get the xo1 drive shafts as I had broken the stock shaft, luckily I have some extras so replaced those over.

I got the centre shaft cover too, its nice and looking to using the velcro as a cover on the front center shaft as every one had mentioned.
    Live life to the fullest