RC Qualifier

Question from a possible new owner

Well, i have got the chance for a slash 4x4, i want it bad, (this is going to be a bashers car, no racing) but the rear diff is gone, it is completely destroyed. The front sounds like its skipping. I dont know if it needs to be shimmed, or if its lost teeth. So, i had the idea- can a summits locking diffs and 2-speed transmission fit? It would be a unique and cool project. Any opinions? I have never seen the size difference (if there is one) and i don't know how the servos would mount in it. Any opinions guys?

I don't know if the differentials from the Summit will work. It would be really cool if they, did. You can find some parts at dollarhobbyz and that will get your truck up and running. I would go, for the differentials from the XO-1 as they are stronger than the stock set.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Maybe start with a Summit, to an E-Slayer...
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    Well, i have got the chance for a slash 4x4, i want it bad, (this is going to be a bashers car, no racing) but the rear diff is gone, it is completely destroyed. The front sounds like its skipping. I dont know if it needs to be shimmed, or if its lost teeth. So, i had the idea- can a summits locking diffs and 2-speed transmission fit? It would be a unique and cool project. Any opinions? I have never seen the size difference (if there is one) and i don't know how the servos would mount in it. Any opinions guys?
    I would take a trip to the lhs and find someone who has a summit and do some size comparisons. Btw, the summit is huge! I also don't think you will have room for the summit trans. But going off what you have, I would just rebuild it. The slash is a fun truck.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Enthusiast
    x2 on Dollar Hobbyz suggestion. Brand new parts complete with fasteners for .50 on the dollar.
    "Buy the best and cry just once"