Thread: Beadlock rims

RC poster

Beadlock rims

I am new to nitro rc. I am looking for some help on what true beadlocks will work on the slayer. I know I am going to have to get same hex adapters. I just dont want to glue the tires to the rims and miss them up when i try taking the tires of the rims.

Welcome to the forums! What you'll need is two pairs of Pro line Slash REAR offset beadlock rims. You'll also need the Traxxas aluminum 12mm hexs for 6mm axles. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    Yep. I got the 12mm/6mm from tekno. Then you can run anything made for a slash. Options are limited for the stock slayer size. No bead locks at all
    2wd Slash , Tmaxx classic

Quote Originally Posted by gulay760 View Post
    Yep. I got the 12mm/6mm from tekno. Then you can run anything made for a slash. Options are limited for the stock slayer size. No bead locks at all
    Yep once you get 12mm hexes for 6mm axles, you can run any rim made for the electric Slash. The tires and wheels are the same size, just the wheel hexes are different.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gulay760 View Post
    I bought the Tekno ones and they didn't work, the drive pin that comes with the Tekno's is smaller than the hole in the traxxas axle. If memory serves me correctly the Traxxas axle has a 3 mm hole thru it and the Tekno drive pin is only 2.5mm.

You have to use Traxxas p/n TRA6869 and have to drill out the beadlock rims with the supplied drill so the beadlocks fit the axle correctly.

I went thru all this to fit beadlocks on my Slayer, but it was well worth it!
    Last edited by ctbasher; 06-27-2014 at 07:30 AM.

RC Competitor
    That is true with the tekno's but I used the smaller pins anyways just made sure the set screw was on good and haven't had a problem. But it check them regularly.
    2wd Slash , Tmaxx classic

RC Competitor
    Look for 12mm XO-1 adapters on ebay , these fit the slayer and revo perfectly here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231232375521?lpid=82
    Slayer/Revo/4tec

RC poster
    Is there anything else needed besides the adapters? I read you have to change the axles , bearings, etc. I want to run beadlocks but that's a lot of money to convert it .
    Last edited by Newnitro4me; 09-11-2014 at 11:06 PM.