RC Competitor

Spinning out wheel nuts and rims

How often do you guys replaced your wheel nuts, seems a week link for me spinning out wheel nuts and rims

Could you please give us more information on your truck? Is it bone stock or do you have an upgraded motor system and Mip axles. The more information you can provide, the better help you will receive
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    using tekno aluminum hexes running a tekin pro4 4000kv on 2s i have never stripped a hex. are you using plastic or aluminum hexes and like el sod said.. what's your power plant ?

RC Competitor
    I'm using mip axles, velineon motor. Max amps 3s. 9000XLmah 100c. most of wheels and proline bead locks,other wheels traxxas

RC Enthusiast
    Are your wheel nuts backing off during running so that your wheel loosens and then the hex strips the wheel out? So long as the wheel nut still has the plastic ring to act as a locknut, never had that problem. Did have two nuts that lost their plastic rings (the blue traxxas aluminum ones) but that happened on installation so I just chucked them as broken, never ran with them in that condition. You can also add blue thread lock to the axle threads and let it dry for a day, that should also help prevent them from backing off.

RC Competitor
    yes the wheel nuts are backing off. Seems the plastic is still there but just warn out. not locking

RC Qualifier
    I've had the same issue with HCG. The stock wheels nuts started loosening up. I had to use a little blue lock tite and they stay on now. The silver chrome nuts aren't as good as the blue anodized ones on the LCG or platinum. There's a big difference between the 2 nuts. Silver ones don't have the deep ridges the are milled onto the back as the blue anodized ones do to keep the nut locked onto the wheel.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster25 View Post
    yes the wheel nuts are backing off. Seems the plastic is still there but just warn out. not locking
    Then you need to replace them! It's far less hazzle to replace the wheel nuts, than to round out the wheel hexes. You can always use a small dab of blue threadlock aswell.

Viking is right! Loctite or even a spot of glue will help out on the axle to help the wheel nut stay in place. Are you using the Traxxas or Mip wheel nuts?
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM