RC Competitor

Just got my Trenchers!

I wanted to get a good set of off road tires. They are awesome and look amazing!

RC Champion
    no pics?? congrats
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    When they are worn out get a set of Bad Lands and you'll wonder why you bought Trenchers. That's what I did. Don't get me wrong Trenchers are great but for off road there is nothing like the bad Lands. They hook soo hard I had to relearn to drive my truck with the first set.

RC Competitor
    I looked at the badlands, but for the soil we have here in Texas, the Trenchers looked a bit more suited for it. We'll see. I got them for $25 a pair! Clearance bin at Hobbytown!

RC Champion
    Trust me they work good in Texas soil.

RC Qualifier
    Trenchers are a nice all terain and work great in the dirt but pro mod Steve is right. Badlands in the dirt kick a~~.

RC Racer
    I have badlands it is on rails almost to much traction! Next I want to get trenchers so I have a good all around tire because u don't run my badlands unless I am driving only grass or dirt

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    When they are worn out get a set of Bad Lands and you'll wonder why you bought Trenchers. That's what I did. Don't get me wrong Trenchers are great but for off road there is nothing like the bad Lands. They hook soo hard I had to relearn to drive my truck with the first set.
    I completely agree with what you have stated here! You are a quite the knowledgeable gentleman. Badlands are an amazing tire! Here is a video of Badlands in action!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Racer
    I just got my trenchers last week and they are great. I originally planned on getting badlands but I found 4 practically brand new pre-mounted trenchers for $40 on ebay and I snapped them right up. I had them out in the grass and I could see immediately they were a better tire than the stockers I was using, but I still regretted not getting the badlands. That all ended yesterday when I ran it on the road for a whole pack to compare the temps to grass driving. I was blown away. It was like it was glued to the road and it really seemed much faster than it has been. I would stick to purely on road driving but it is a pain because if I slip off the road 6 inches or more I am either in high grass the slash can't get out of or it falls down a 5 foot drop into tons of high weeds. Got to love country roads.

RC Enthusiast
    I actually prefer my trenchers over badlands except in loose dirt, where the badlands are undoubtedly better. Badlands will work anywhere off-road, but as others have mentioned, they require a different driving style.

RC Qualifier
    Nothing wrong with the trenchers at all. Good all around tire as I have them myself and run them most of the time but if I'm in dirt, on go the badlands they are amazing and really dig into the dirt to give you grip.

RC Competitor
    We are on vacation in Galveston, TX and we went to the beach today. The Trenchers were amazing! The beach was mostly washed up seaweed so there was some crazy terrain. They handled everything really well. Beach bashing is awesome!

RC Qualifier
    Ya Galveston is pretty nasty right now I live 30mins away and the seaweed is worse than I've ever seen
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

On loose dirt badlands are king, on harder dirt covered surfaces trenchers will do a better job.
    If the bad lands dont have a loose surface to till there is less tire to ground contact.
    I run a few sets of both, IMO they both shine on their purposed terrain.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    Enjoy your trenchers! Did you get the Trecher X or the normal Trencher? Perfect tire for dirt as the Badlands are just give too much grip IMO. If you have pictures post them please! Thanks.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    I have mashers on desperado wheels on the slash MT and man they are awesome, no sign of wear and tear at all, and this is after hard bashing for the past year on my 2wd pede.
    Live life to the fullest