RC Qualifier

After run voltage jumps around

I was diving camping and ran a full pack like normal, funny thing is though it died not 5 feet from me and I wasn't 5 feet from the charger, so i took the battery out and put it in the charger right away. I expected a little voltage bounce as it went, but one cell read 0.68v and the other 6.68v, the charger immediately stopped and had a error message. I thought of all the worst care scenarios, and even about three the battery because i thought i saw smoke (just imagination though) so i watched it for like 5 minutes. Nothing happened at all so i Checked all the plugs, made sure it was ok and put it on. I clicked start and within 10 seconds it stopped jumping and leveled off at 3.59v so did i not do what I needed to and wait for the battery to do whatever it needed to? Of fluke with dirt? I just dont like the idea it may be about to become a fireball if its bad thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I imagine the connector was not making solid contact. The biggest clue for me is that if 1 cell was 6.68v it would have puffed.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

Which charger do you own?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    It's a hitec x4 ac plus

RC Qualifier
    I dont know if it matters, but the pack has less than 20 runs and was new at Christmas. Is it just the chemicals aren't settled yet? I tried it again with my other battery and it bounced around for like 30-40 seconds, then levels off at 3.78 and 3.77 so should i just wait a minute and let it settle itself? Or is this a random thing that shouldn't happen?

RC poster
    that's because (i think ) the charger is balancing the cells and then it stabilize at a correct voltage… all the lips do so.
    that's because there is one cells that is the "out" cell in direct draw from the system and it tempt to force way much than the other cell !! and she end with significantly less voltage than the other cell.go ahead an verify