RC Competitor

Spartan not turning on

Hi guys last time i took my spartan out it got really hot to the point were the over temp shut the boat down and also killed my lipos from the heat. I brought a new set of lipos tonight and plugged them in but it does nothing no light no noise. I'v checked my wiring and there are no breaks but when i measure across the + and - terminals on the esc there is no voltage. What do you think is wrong. Have i blown the esc or maybe just the capacitors. what should i do.

Would it be worth swapping the capacitors on the stock esc to Rubycon Capacitor Voltage Rating: 35VDC Capacitance: 1000uF Type: High Temp This little unit is great added extra insurance for your ESC. Also if you have puffed a cap just install this instead of replacing the esc.

Replace the stock esc with another stock esc

or replace the motor and esc with a leopard upgrade

any help would be great thanks.

RC Qualifier
    I've never seen anyone here who did the capacitor changed, better is if your boat is under warranty call Traxxas they are more happy to help you. IMO your esc was blown out.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    I'm in agreement with Edge, Talk to Traxxas first, to date they have been outstanding with their warranty support.

If it isn't warranty, and you have to pay to replace the ESC, I would suggest the SK180 rather than the stock ESC.

You can run the stock motor with SK180 to save a few bucks over doing the ESC and motor swap.

hog

RC Competitor
    I agree with Edgemoulic and hog. Contact Traxxas. There is someone on the other end who will be happy to help!
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys. Ill try contact Traxxas but I think it will be out of it warranty time. Is the SK180 a better esc then the stock or are they much the same.

RC Qualifier
    Better, in that it is rated for 180 Amps continuous, the stock ESC is rated for 80.

There are some minor modifications needed to fit the 180 into the tray, but pretty simple really.

hog