RC poster

Question Pro .15 driving me crazy

So I got into the nitro hobby I like engineering so this right up my alley,I got a nitro stampede a good starter car I had fun with my first engine In tell one day dooms day struck the car with a lake of water so I had to get a new one and I just started breaking it in today and every thing was going fine on the second tank and after that the engine cut off smoking like crazy I checked the glow plug it was gold like something is wrong and no it is not lean it is rich. Can someone please help me ,I've also tried another glow plug that did not work.

Where is is smoking from? This engine runs hot so if its from the cooling head it might just be residue from your after run. If the engine is overheating it will be too hot to touch and a drop of water will sizzle right off the cooling head. You should be a little rich for break in and it should smoke a lot from the exhaust. Check for leaks at the exhaust header and cooling head. A leak in either place will cause overheating.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Enthusiast
    If the original traxxas plug was a gold color, you overheated the engine. You can actually get the engine hot by running it rich when new, the piston liner pinch will cause heating due to the pinch and not getting the engine up to temp. It is also real bad for the connecting rod.

RC poster
    I figured out what was wrong I did not have the right seal for the nitro exhaust header so the engine was not pulling fuel from the tank