Thread: Servo

RC Qualifier

Servo

This question may have been asked a lot but I wanted to know what a good upgrade servo is for the slash 4x4 and would it be a direct fit with no mods

RC Enthusiast
    I use a Spektrum S6040 and a Savox 1258 no noticeable difference between the two other than the 1258 caused glitching until I added Glitchbuster cap. No glitching with S6040. I had to use a different servo horn (supplied) w/23t spline
    Last edited by Sporto; 06-18-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    "Buy the best and cry just once"

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure it's a 25t spline and it should fit without any probs. I've used the savox 0231 before. Its so and a lot more torque than the 2075

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by guy45ot View Post
    This question may have been asked a lot but I wanted to know what a good upgrade servo is for the slash 4x4 and would it be a direct fit with no mods
    consider swapping to an aluminum horn if you get a stronger servo. the ace and savox servos use 25t and the speky uses jr spline (23t) but you can get an aluminum horn in any spline you like

i like these...
    http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...n-Savox-ProTek

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...taba-Savox-ACE

to use them in the LCG chassis you have to cut the last hole off.

RC Competitor
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...81#post5724181

Here's a link to my thread. I just recently purchased the 1258tg...I did a video comparison of it vs the stock 2075.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys

RC Qualifier
    I am considering a Savox 1258 or 1256. Which do you all think would be better for the Slash? Are there any quieter alternatives? That's my one gripe with Savox.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Oprime110 View Post
    I am considering a Savox 1258 or 1256. Which do you all think would be better for the Slash? Are there any quieter alternatives? That's my one gripe with Savox.
    I have the 1258tg and it is night and day difference, I race, so it makes a huge difference. I made a video of a side by side in one of my threads. I don't think it's that loud at all, I mean, it's not as quiet as the stock 2075, but I don't expect it to be with the speed and the torque is has. I didn't buy the servo for the sound, bought it for the steering capability.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
    I have the 1258tg and it is night and day difference, I race, so it makes a huge difference. I made a video of a side by side in one of my threads. I don't think it's that loud at all, I mean, it's not as quiet as the stock 2075, but I don't expect it to be with the speed and the torque is has. I didn't buy the servo for the sound, bought it for the steering capability.
    So 1256tg or 1258tg?