RC poster

Can't keep my spartan on the water

I have had my spartan for two weeks and only have made about 6 runs two times now while I was running the boat got airborne and the hatch cover popped off first time was racing alongside my buddies spartan into a head wind and the boat shot straight up and flipped back into the water this totally flipped me out. The run before that he crashed into me and cracked my transom corner and split my side wide open we have epoxied it and was running alone this weekend and was not even at half throttle and boat launched up into the air again and split open again any ideas on how to stop this just fixed it again last night and would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions to stop this my buddies spartan has never done this at all we have checked and compared prop struts rudder angles and stock trim tabs all are the same I do have the kintec dual inlet rudder on mine a but angle is same . Want to figure this out before I try to run it again I have kintec aluminum water jacket kintec silicone tubing and rear aluminum splash deck installed .we are both running 3s 11.1 traxxas 5000 mah batteries . Very frustrating he can hammer his full throttle and now I can't get to go past half without it wanting to get airborne anyone else have this problem?

RC Qualifier
    In theory two identical boats, set up the same way, should run the same.

But it sounds like yours is running bow high, or "too dry", making it susceptible to blow over.

1. I'm not familiar with the Kintec rudder, is it longer than the stock rudder?
    2. Is there perhaps any defect with your hull? Is the bottom flat and straight?
    3. It may just run different than your friends boat. Try placing batteries a bit further ahead in the battery tray, Give your rudder a bit of positive angle (toward stern of boat), or adjust trim tabs if necessary.

hog

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    In theory two identical boats, set up the same way, should run the same.

But it sounds like yours is running bow high, or "too dry", making it susceptible to blow over.

1. I'm not familiar with the Kintec rudder, is it longer than the stock rudder?
    2. Is there perhaps any defect with your hull? Is the bottom flat and straight?
    3. It may just run different than your friends boat. Try placing batteries a bit further ahead in the battery tray, Give your rudder a bit of positive angle (toward stern of boat), or adjust trim tabs if necessary.

hog
    Yes hog the rudder is a 5 inch. All the hulls run differently. If I were you I would only run slowly into the wind and then make speed passes only with the wind. Thats what I do. Just put your trim tabs down until the hull behaves. Also if you haven't already if you put the batteries all the way forward the hull rides the best IMO. It is also better if you are wave jumping to have the batts all the way forward, when they are all the way forward the hull is perfectly balanced in the air. Hope this helps!