RC Competitor

Parts/Upgrades to get

I live quite a ways from a hobby store so I am making a trip to one tomorrow. What parts are most likely to break while bashing on the slash 4x4? Also, is there any needed upgrades to purchase while there? the more I drive it the crazier I get lol and I don't want to get home and break a part that I don't have a replacement for. Thanks
    Last edited by codeman2443; 06-17-2014 at 06:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    First off, if you don't have the aluminum slipper shaft bearing adapter, you'd better get that upgraded right away (Traxxas part number 6893X). As for broken parts, if you're like me you'll figure out what you tend to break pretty quickly. I seem to go through stub axles so I always have a spare set of front and rear axles with me that I can swap out quickly during a bashing session (Traxxas 6851X for front, 6852X for rear). My buddy has a tendency to chew up spur gears, so picking up an extra spur might be a good idea too (Traxxas 3956). Finally, I always have extra bearings with me because a blown-out bearing on just one wheel is all it takes to stop the fun. For bearings I've found Boca & Avid to be a great deal @ $1 per bearing but the LHS will probably have the Traxxas bearings and they're just as good but more expensive.

RC Champion
    Yeah definitely stub axles, I always have them in my spares box and when on the road.

Funnily today I purposely did not take them with me at the tracks because nothing has happened in the past few runs that I have had over the week.

Well , my son drove it and what !!!! rear u joint on axle broke (and no spares)
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    a arms and spur gears. id get tekno shafts and then you dont have to worry about the shafts breaking or the axles. ive never broke the bearing carries from tekno either, but they come two pairs if u ever do. ive only got the rears and never had a problems with the fronts. oh yeah maybe some xtra body clips. ive got the p4de which is pretty much the same and the other thing ive broken were front a arms spur gears and rear shaft problems. i broke the output shaft and then the ball joints kept popping out everytime i got hard on the gas. extra 3mm and 4mm nuts are nice to have and extra screws like 3x12 3x15 3x6 and the shoulder screws for the shocks.

RC Competitor
    A arms, bearings for your driveshaft.

RC Enthusiast
    I personally think the stock A-Arms on a Slash are really good and durable. I would recommend the bearing adapter and maybe the aluminum motor mount. It will save you the headache of differential issues down the road.

RC Champion
    Yeah they are fine, but accidents happen.

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum motor mount, aluminum slipper clutch adaptor, body clips, spur gears, shafts or get techno/mip shafts to end replacing the plastic ones, duct tape for quick repair of body cracks. Washers for axles. What ever u usually break upgrade or carry spares

Mip X-Duty's and RPM A arms will make for a pretty stout truck. You may also want a King Headz motor mount. The Slash 4x4 is a solid truck out of the box. I ran my LCG Ultimate edition for a good while before I did anything to it.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM