PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA

Mac Fab Buggy body.

Got a hold of one from batch one. I really dig it:

They have a couple of tweaks in mind, but this should give you and idea of the skin.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Cool truck! The front end just kinda looks funny, but other than that it looks like it was built for the trx lcg haha. And is that an rpm bumper on the rear? I wish they'd sell like an aluminum plating to protect the back skid plate of the lcg because it's one solid piece of the lcg and when it's worn out it looks weird

Need to order one!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

That rear bumper was an rpm pede rear skid, flipped 180 with new holes drilled, and the support arms cut off.

These are my initial impressions, but remember, this will most likely go through a few tweaks or changes...

Not sure on a production date, this was the first pull, and my job is to try to break it. The shell feels like .050, with no skimpy areas like in every proline body I do. The cab corners and roof are very solid and thick, but the angle of the windshield makes it seem like brick wall to anything that it encounters. It is the most exposed area to impact. Personally, I would like to have a lower roof line and side deck. I can lower it down and thin out the side panels, but will lose the cool trunk area. Getting the roof level with (or just under) the ft shock tower and 1/8 buggy wing could eliminate 90% of the abuse that body would take. I really need to lower it. So far, I like it very much 8)
    Last edited by rag6; 06-16-2014 at 02:37 AM.

RC Competitor
    Tweaks are coming: a bubble to cover the steering arm so that no body notching will be required there, making it stronger and it doesn't jack up your paint theme (something that bugs me), a little taller side for more bottom trimming options and one more cool thing that will be done for production. The next run of protos this week will be thicker yet, with the object being that it CAN take abuse and not break (within reason of course). How many people have purchased bodies to have them fail pre-maturely in their lifespan if you will, or even the first outing?? The bodies seem to be good now, but can they be better? The cab height helps to get itself back on it's wheels when rolled over. Sorry guys that progress is a little slow, just want it done right the first time. Input and suggestions are always welcome. Made in the USA! Go Traxxas!

RC Competitor
    Rag, I really dig the paint job and the way it was mounted.
    Run it till it sounds expensive!

RC Champion
    Looks great! Do you have to make your own window masks?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

I did not get any masks, but think they said they will include them in a post earlier...

Our bashplex is soaked, so no dirt abuse, but did get to run about a half of a pack flipping on grass at high speeds, and set up a ramp to get some 1/2 back-flip 5 foot high roof landings, but the body did not get a mark on it. I ran without the wing as Mac Fab requested. I bent my hr motor plate lol. No more no wing testing lol. Gotta get it into our rocky clay and try to beat it up a little, that is, after I bend the motor plate back. But the body took some heavy impacts(with the weight of 3s and a 1512 size 1/8 motor) with no cracks. MF confirmed that this body is .040, but will be trying .050, or .060 out also. If they will be going thicker than what I received, then this body should be really REALLY tough...

It looks pretty good, but I wouldn't mind if the cab was raked back just a bit more.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    A bad day testing today (or good depending on how you see it), body fatality. Hit the horse corral sideways at full speed on the exact same spot I had hit it once before, setting up for a g-out section to I use hone my lack of skills and/or have graphic crashes for testing. Platform for the speedy is jacked up, nothing else broke! RPM arms and the LCG are fine. Sounded like a home run shot out of the park! This shouldn't happen on the thicker ones.

Last edited by MAC FAB; 06-20-2014 at 10:12 PM.

wow. never seen lexan come apart like that. Must have sounded crazy when it hit.

The buggy body's cab took no damage landing directly on the roof several times. maybe the compact cab area is stronger than the flatter profile of your jigsaw puzzle in the pics.

RC Qualifier
    Is that lexan or p.e.t.g.
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Competitor
    This particular one was p.e.t.g., that is why it shattered. It has taken way more abuse than its lexan counterpart did. We have beaten the heck out of them, especially myself, using different materials and thicknesses. Have some other options still to try, just looking for longevity while being abused.

I believe my sample is lexan.
    Did not get to run today. Too muddy. This week for sure... It is cool that you are doing a bit of dirtywork in the open.

Finally got to show off the look to my main bash buddies, and a few non rc friends. Not one bad comment. 4 out of 5 heck yea's.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    A bad day testing today (or good depending on how you see it), body fatality. Hit the horse corral sideways at full speed on the exact same spot I had hit it once before, setting up for a g-out section to I use hone my lack of skills and/or have graphic crashes for testing. Platform for the speedy is jacked up, nothing else broke! RPM arms and the LCG are fine. Sounded like a home run shot out of the park! This shouldn't happen on the thicker ones.

Where is the yoke from that cracked egg.

Heart healthy egg whites only???

RC Competitor
    All the king's men ate Humpty's egg whites.

RC Qualifier
    That is a sweet body now I'm jealous
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Competitor

I setup a HCG chassis with 1/8 scale wheels. The new class 1 body has been pulled with .060 material, and man is it thick. Bash report will be up in a day or so.

RC Competitor
    After beating the life out of these, we have a winner! The real deal coming very soon, both body styles, what you see here and rag's at the start of this thread. More to come....

I think somebody will very soon be introducing you to the vendor rules of the Traxxas forum.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB;5725377

[URL=http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/MACFAB1/media/20140620_182121_resized_zps2d2de7d1.jpg.html
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I think somebody will very soon be introducing you to the vendor rules of the Traxxas forum.

Def broke it. it was taking a beating just fine for a long time, then just started cracking... I believe they will be making thicker versions, but if this one is ptfe, hope they are gonna do it in lexan.

I plan to now trim it down, and make it low and lean. Gonna use shoo goo, drywall tape, and possibly the left over scraps to strengthen it...

Also there was 6 hrs of hard run time before any problems arose, if that makes a difference...

Confirmed to me that my buggy body was ptfe. I assume that is why it cracked the way it did. As far as I know, they are sticking with that. Just 50% thicker...

I am still gonna try and beef this broken one up, trim it down and get it out of harms way by lowering it... Hopefully, I can get a full season out of it 8)

The old school stampede body mounts on the side are very flexible. That has not been an issue with the 1/8 scale lexan body (5x the run time) that was on it before... but, it does sit over an inch lower at the roof line and sides, so that could be a big part of it. But, the mount I made was so simple, many will just bolt the posts on and drill those 2 holes in the body

One thing that could be putting the most stress on the body is the big wing at the end of the vorza mount lever attached to the floppy rpm rear tower. When it lands on the wing, that tower flexed way over and pushed against the rear until it snapped. The same thing happened with the side crack as the body pushed way forward and pushed the steering linkage cutout into the servo arm. Now the wing is not a required part to run this body, but many will add it on. I am pretty certain that this body would not have failed so soon if there was no wing involved. On the plus side, the body mount holes did not crack. This is why I dont think the body mount flexibility was an issue. Surely it would have failed right there if the posts were too stiff...

Also the vid shows about 1% of the abuse that it took before failing. Those 2 wrecks seem tame, but those were the hits that did the trick. There were many, more destructive crashes. Many designed crashes. There could have been an accumulative effect. Dont think that this body was a pushover. I beat the snot out of it. I was wrecking on purpose. It would have lasted longer if I was driving normally.
    Last edited by rag6; 07-07-2014 at 10:25 PM.

well, patched the body with shoo goo and lexan strips... I also cut and dropped the body down between the shock towers. Bashed the crap out of it (the cracked and repaired ptfe body) for 6 more hours this week. No issues after a thorough pounding. Mac Fab told me that tin basher has sent me another, thicker body to test. Cant wait till it gets here...

cool body man! kinda reminds me of the old rc10 bodies from the 80's.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

That was the style I have been looking for forever... The 1/8 4wd wide nosed bodies just dont do it for me.

My bust, I incorrectly identified the body material as ptfe, when in fact it is pteg. Got it fixed, trimmed, and lowered with a bunch of bashin' and it is doing awesome. Pics when my schedule permits... off to beddyby

Pics, this is the way I wanted to mount it in the beginning:

Its 1 3/8" lower...

This was fixed with goo and lexan(on inside)

If I would have mounted it this way from the start, it would not have broken. Mounting it up against the rear flexible rpm shock tower, snapped it. This material in this thickness can not withstand the pressure. Mac fab is working thicker versions. I think this material can work... if its thicker.

EDIT: On a side note, I really like the lcg ft kit springs with losi 30 wt oil. Mt, sct, or buggy, they have been very predictable with old big bores, just need to get the preload just right between vehicles.
    Last edited by rag6; 07-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.