RC poster

Nitro slash or slayer?? Which is better?

the nitro slash looks really good but its not 4wd and that doesn't really bother me but I want a nitro car that can both race well and do good bashing so I took a quick look at the Slayer Pro and I thought it was a really good truck but I was wondering if it was better then the nitro Slash? If you have a BA Slayer or slash please post pictures in the replys? I would really help me get a great image on them.

RC Champion
    Well my picture isn't loading but you will like the slayer more because it can handle a big block (note: you can't stay on your wheels with that much power) I had a 3.3 with losi carb and trinity pipe which is probably the best you can do for the 3.3. Be sure the to get the slayer pro 4x4 because the longer chassis and arms make it a comfortable and controllable truck on dirt and concrete. I haven't read much on the nitro slash nor have I seen one driven side by side with a slayer.
    For either truck, be sure to get the sway bar. It is more than necessary on the slayer pro.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

IMO, I'd get the the Slayer too, just because it's known to be really tough. Like said above, I've never seen them side by side, but I have seen both of them. The Slayer pro just has a nicer look and feel to it, and it drives better too.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    I am going to sell my ERBE and get a Slayer, I can't stop switching cars!!!! The Slayer may be that one I am looking for! I am getting tired of lipos. It's too bad that I have. TRX addiction.

OR you could buy the Slayer arms, tires, pushrods, tie rods and shafts and turn your ERBE into an electric Slayer.
    But if you are tired of lipos then give nitro a try but be aware that if you haven't run nitro before it is not like tuning your lawnmower in the spring, pulling the cord and go for the rest of the season.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    OR you could buy the Slayer arms, tires, pushrods, tie rods and shafts and turn your ERBE into an electric Slayer.
    But if you are tired of lipos then give nitro a try but be aware that if you haven't run nitro before it is not like tuning your lawnmower in the spring, pulling the cord and go for the rest of the season.
    +1 to making an E Slayer. I know a local guy who's building the G slayer in this section and its insane. The erbe chassis is the best starting point for a E slayer. If you go G Slayer route, expect to spend a lot! (close to $1000!) the arms are just $20, tires $45, pushrods are $16, tie rods are $10, and shafts are $20. So that comes to $111 for the conversion. Or I know a local guy who is selling my old slayer pro that I traded him. It has losi 3.4 carb, sways, and a better steering servo. He'll probably do a trade too.

RC Racer
    ^^That post look familar, almost like deja vu...lol I am still very unsure of what I want RC wise...

Is that guy SLW? I am budgeted at the moment so I may stick with what I have for a while... I will just keep playin' with my ERBE, for now... What do used Slayer Pro's run used, about $250ish?

I didn't know Slayer arms fit the ERBE?
    Last edited by TexasERBE; 06-30-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: You don't tell me what to do!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasERBE View Post
    ^^That post look familar, almost like deja vu...lol I am still very unsure of what I want RC wise...

Is that guy SLW? I am budgeted at the moment so I may stick with what I have for a while... I will just keep playin' with my ERBE, for now... What do used Slayer Pro's run used, about $250ish?

I didn't know Slayer arms fit the ERBE?

yep, the slayer arms fit directly lol. Just a little deja vu this time... Yea SLW, he's a good man. He also has a couple of killer emaxx builds (great time passer if you like looking at projects). Seeing them in person makes them all the more incredible. I asked $300 with accepting no lower than $250 for my slayer pro but that's just cause of the time and money put in it. I was still learning nitro so most of the time owning the truck, it was in need of repair or tuning. Still a fun truck.

RC Racer

Nitro slash or slayer?? Which is better?

Just had a LONG nice "onroad bashing session", kind of like it still but I will contact a local yocal to see if he wouldn't mind me looking at his nitro... I will know of I want one by the noise! Lol more delayed parts sent Aren't making me happy either... I see why some people pay LHS prices!
    To sorrta stay on topic:
    How do you make a nitro faster? Gearing? Fuel %? Tire sizes? I would assume some sort of gearing in the truck...
    So what do you usually do? This may be eat for another thread but I don't think it's worth the space... Then again other could benefit from it..
    Last edited by TexasERBE; 07-01-2014 at 09:35 PM.

RC Champion
    Usually for nitro, performance is increased by a better pipe, carb, and fuel percentage which can contribute to more or less speed. With bigger tires, it requires taller gearing. With more performance/power, you can gear a shorter ratio. For nitro trucks like the revo, slayer, and tmaxx. The tune and gearing having to be right in order for the trans to shift into second (or even third if you did the tmaxx mod... I can't remember where that thread is...). And as always get the newest possible nitro fuel as over time the nitro will evaporate from the mixture. If your given fuel with a sale or trade, then set it aside as backup and get some good stuff. I didn't realize my fuel was so old until I sold it.

RC Competitor
    Hands down the Nitro Slayer is better for bashing and more support for flexability, can be converted to electric really easy or you could just buy an e-revo and put slayer arms, mip driveshafts, robinson metal gear transmission, hard diff gears on it, for the nitro novice , a Slash is perfect to get you hooked and absolutely affordable compaired to the slayer. It really depends on what you plan to use it for.
    Slayer/Revo/4tec