RC poster

Cool Jato pipes ,resonators mufflers?

Hi everyone .

My first jato with the 3.3 had the blue pipe with the r on it that has nothing inside the pipe just the single chamber with tip and fuel line

Long story short last year I crashed my jato and the whole front end was a mess so off of craigslist I bought a losi xxxnt along with a jato 2.5 with a few upgraded parts with a 2.5 engine/ I kept what I liked from my original jato and wanted to take the resonator off of the 2.5 jato i was using to rebuild. It had a missing exaust tip and just had one of those rubber thigs that go onto the tip of the pipe wedged in the muffler. I noticed however the muffler had another chamber inside the pipe , was the same size as my original pipe and is blue with no markings..

On my original blue pipe with the" R" ands some model number i cant read the tip got knocked of so I figured some "muffler weld would hold her on , well it did for a few runs ( i should have alumi welded it) anyways , looking at the pipe that came with the 2,5 jato I purchased I took the idea from the muffler on that and im waiting for the high heat glue to dry glue to dry
    Because this is the pipe that came with my 3.3 jato and I lost the tip will work ok?

And could some one please shed some light on whats a stock pipe and whats the traxxas upgraded pipe , do those dual rear facing pipes you see on the net work? if someone could break it down for me that would be awesome. I like the pipe shown in the picture above when it was original had a good top end and just worked great. Every hobbytown in nebraska is out of them and they say the chrome pipe they have in stock is just for the tmaxx or revo.

Sorry for the book i just wrote id just like some ideas on pipes that would work with my jato and If what i did above to the pipe that came with it stinks then im going to just buy the exact or invest in a good pipe and welcome all recommendations on pipes

Here are the urls to the pipe i kinda modified https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...25224891_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...27729011_n.jpg

Thank you so much everyone its apprecaited

Kyle
    Last edited by KHPower; 06-10-2014 at 01:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    A lot of people like/recommend the THS pipe. I have no experience with this one myself but am planning on buying one next week. Since I added the Losi carb to my Jato and Tmaxx, I think the performance pipe will give me the extra "boost" I'm looking for.
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC poster
    what Losi carb do u speak of?

RC Qualifier
    The Losi 3.4 carb. I highly recommend it. Will drastically improve performance and tuning is much easier in my opinion

RC poster
    For the price it isnt a bad urgrade , too bad i cant take the one from a losi xxxnt, The losi xxxxnt carb is a side oull however

RC Qualifier
    Just purchased a THS pipe for my Jato and Tmaxx. Can't wait to see how they perform. Next up are Buku clutches for both

RC Qualifier
    Installed the THS pipes today. Very impressed. Good bang for the buck. Between the pipes and Losi carb, my Jato and Tmaxx rip

RC Competitor
    Yeah I need to get on the ball and order the 3.4 carb. But yeah I love my THS setup also.