RC Qualifier

First time @ skate park. Awesome!

We'll took my kids to skate park and had a lot of fun. Didn't break anything but popped a ballend out of front steering knuckle ( first time). I'll probably go with aftermarket knuckles soon. RPM knuckles would be nice cause Tower has them now, and I have other stuff I need from them, center diff, and some OFNA SCRT 10 Jammin parts..

I'm thinking I want some more top end speed. What pinion should I go with? I'm running 2 2s lipos. I may have flipped gear in tranny.

Definitely go with thicker shock oil.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC Qualifier
    We'll went again, after installing RPM axle carriers front and rear. Popped pillow balls out of the RPM carrier too. But farily it was a dead fall landing on one tire from around 8' to 9'. It was in what they call a " helmet" I didn't have anough speed to get all the way around the loopty loop. But when I was going all the way around, it was awesome. I tell you one thing it took one heck of a beating!

RC Enthusiast
    Sounds like you had a great time! Most of every pillow ball suspension I've had on any of my trucks have popped out at least once. Which if you think about it if they hadn't popped out you could of broke a knuckle or arm. So it may be irritating to pop them out but just be glad you aren't going to the hobby shop to buy new parts!

RC Qualifier
    Right. I wasn't complaining, just passing info along. I actually couldn't believe how much punishment it took. I had a huge crowd, probably sold a few Traxxas trucks. Everyone was pretty impressed with how tuff this truck was.

RC Qualifier
    I figured a couple things out that could have been hurting me. One my slipper clutch was frozen to the spur. And I did have the gears in tranny swapped so it was geared down from stock. Now it'll be faster, but I'll now have to watch overheating.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like you had a great run! I personally go to the skatepark only for skating (yep, I skateboard too ) but I have definitely thought about doing it before. I tend to shy away from it for three reasons:
    1. Broken parts (could be a big expense, but probably not)
    2. Teenagers running over it (I admit, I probably wouldn't be able to dodge a RC car, so it's up to the owner's good driving skills).
    3. Little kids wanting to drive it (haven't had this happen yet, but boy, that would be really annoying.)

Still, don't let my overcaution prevent you for doing it again. Sounds great!
    1/16 Blue Summit
    "It's life, not drama." -Me

RC Qualifier
    Boil the rpm knuckles and they tighten back up. I've done this a couple times and it has worked. Make sure the pillow balls aren't too tight, it is a skate park, you need the slop/play in them. Eventually the knuckle will still have to be replaced. You could get aluminum trx adjuster for the adjustment n stick with stock knuckles for cheap replacement cost. Have yetto take my merv to the skate park but my nitro revo was awesome. Check out my chassis brace mod, you might need it.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    I've only popped pillow balls out of knuckles. And broke a steering assembly. The skate park is the most fun I've had with R/C's period. It's for lack of a better corny term Radical Man! Lol. Know serious I love the skatepark. wpfo3453 yes your right I've had kids ask to drive. But @ my local skatepark there's not a lot of people usually. Yes your going to break a lot but it's worth it.

RC Qualifier
    Skate parks are great fun for the 1/16ths, I like to go early in the morning before the kids arrive, but they get there earlier and earlier all the time, sometimes I go for 6:30 am and they are already there! It will prob be better in September when school is back on, but unti then I gotta get up real early lol

RC Qualifier
    I've had great luck around the kids at skate park. When we come they clear out and watch us run are R/C's for the most part.

The main problem is the danger of one of these things smashing into someone's head @ 25+ mph! When one comes rocketing out of the helmet (loopty loop) it can get crazy.

I've been slacking off, I'll try to get some pictures or maybe video of the local skatepark.
    Last edited by USA1; 08-07-2014 at 10:54 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I love skateboard parks too. Best part are my trucks stay clean. I usually go early to avoid the kids. I think it is the ultimate test of durability, both of my emaxx and erevo are fully rebuilt with upgraded parts. The one thing that breaks a lot are bodies from bad landings

RC Qualifier
    Right. I have fixed, and reinforced bodies with shoe goo. One of my first bodies started cracking and I put shoe goo on inside where cracking was starting. Then the next Mini Summit I got I put the shoe goo in the same spots before the cracking started.