So my E Jato is nearly ready only thing holding me up from a test drive today is a missing Traxxas connector for my ESC. I've been so busy lately I did not have time to do a "document as I go" thread. Here is what I did so far.
1. Brand new Jato roller
2. Mamba Max Pro SCT ESC and Neu-Castle 1410-3800kv motor combo Geared: 21/54
3. Custom made motor mount I found on the web
4. Traxxas single speed conversion
5. Removed rear batt compartment and added Integy wheely bar.
6. Kept the front end of the plastic chassis piece. This allowed me to retain the antenna post, on/off switch, and servo mount.
7. Removed original receiver box and mounted on top of plastic chassis. This I am not so sure about but it is on solid. I can pick the truck up and shake it around by the box. It also sits below the shock towers so it is protected. Time will tell I guess on that.
8. If only for nostalgia to make it look like my Nitro Jato from many years ago I am considering putting on a set of Integy piggy back shocks I have. They worked great back then but its not my normal upgrade. I've grown to be a fan of the GTR shocks for a long time now. Time will tell with that decision as well lol.