RC poster

Jato Tranny Issues

Hello,

I have had my 3.3 Jato for somewhere between 6-8 years and still have not put a full gallon throughout it yet. Never had any major issues besides burning up the rear tires and broke a front turnbuckle. I do not consider either an issue though.

I broke the trans mount where the turnbuckle screws a couple weeks ago. Got a new trans case and swapped everything out did not notice any chewed up gears and all seemed well inside. Did not change the second gear set screw either. Put it all back together and took it out on a test run. Fire it up and it runs just fine but, when I hit the throttle the motor just spins up and it just slowly takes off.

So I pulled the trans 4 times yesterday validating everything is good and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Below is what I have done this far.

1. Validated tranny gears are not chewed up
    2. Validated trans is put together correctly by the traxxas images for the Jato
    3. Validated the slipped clutch is as tight as it will go and the spring is compressed as much as it can be
    4. Calibrated the slipped clutch isn't bad and has plenty of bite left on it.
    5 validated clutch shoes are good and they are but, replaced them today and same issue
    6. Validated the three screws are not too tight that hold the two halves together.

With that, I am at a loss what to do next. I think it is stuck in second gear (if that is even possible?) I never adjusted the second gear set screw so I do not think that would be the issue but, not sure at this point.

Thank you in advance for any feedback surrounding this issue!

RC Qualifier
    Are you sure the drive pin is still on the primary gear of first gear.

RC poster
    Everything was fine, well driveline related. I took it out to the largest parking lot I could find with no activity so I could watch and listen. The throttle linkage was off by about 1/2". Adjusted the linkage and she came to life again. Helps when one looks at the big picture instead of putting focus on one area!!

Once again, thank you for providing feedback regarding this issue!