RC poster

Receiver/ Radio help!!!

My mini summit has been running great, but it is acting up now. At least a month ago, I wrecked my summit and the antenna wire got yanked in half. I had to open up the receiver box and solder the antenna back together. It seemed to work fine after that for about a month, but recently I can hardly get 20 yards of range. It's just pitiful. I've checked that antenna again and it hasn't come unsoddered, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help? Also when I first got my summit I ran it in some mud. I ran it pretty hard and the receiver and radio un linked. I just re linked them and it went on fine. Do I need to buy a new receiver? Is anyone else having these problems? Thanks

RC poster
    Oh and also, I've cut down the antenna tube down to about three inches and wrapped the antenna wire around the tube and electrical taped it in position. But I've read of a lot of people doing that so I dont think that's the problem

RC Competitor
    Same thing happened to me! Its just so annoying. What i did was i bought a receiver then replaced my old receiver with the new one. I had to take the whole thing apart and do the little thing where i connected the receiver to the remote and i had it. It was actually pretty fun. I went from 20 feet of range to 250 feet of range. It worked WAY better. If you dont want to take it apart just take it to your local hobby shop and they will do everything for you.

RC Competitor
    Also you can buy a receiver on ebay or from your local hobby shop. Good luck!