RC poster

Traxxas fuel line length

I have two jatos and one I just rebuilt , I remember it coming with id say 8 inches of fuel line to the carb twirled into the posts for the easy start. I now only have maybe a 3 inch fuel lead.

How long should the fuel tubing be and is there for having it longer or shorter?

Thank You I searched and couldnt find anything regarding this. its a 3.3 if that helps

RC Qualifier
    The longer the fuel line, the longer it will run when flipped upside down. Right side up there is no real performance difference between long and short fuel lines. When changing the length of the line be sure to retune, because it will definitely affect the tune.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    The longer the fuel line, the longer it will run when flipped upside down. Right side up there is no real performance difference between long and short fuel lines. When changing the length of the line be sure to retune, because it will definitely affect the tune.
    Thanks Mark , I shall , was wondering why I was out there tuning all day.

RC Champion
    Mine goes from the tank around the outside of the aircleaner and in the back of the carb, zip tied around the air cleaner to keep it out of the gears. Its around 6" long, and for the most part I can always get to the car before it stalls upside down. Also keep it away from the heat of the engine
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Mine goes from the tank around the outside of the aircleaner and in the back of the carb, zip tied around the air cleaner to keep it out of the gears. Its around 6" long, and for the most part I can always get to the car before it stalls upside down. Also keep it away from the heat of the engine
    Thanks for the advice , mine was run about 3 inches and it was close to the pipe , when i roll her she shuts off in seconds. I \m going to prolly add a fuel filter like I used to have , would it be foolish to add multiple gas fillter just for fuel reserve?

RC Champion
    Be careful with too much line and space... If you have too long of a line, the pressure from the pump (muffler) won't feed the fuel into the carb at a high enough rate and your engine won't run well
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0