RC Enthusiast

Post Porting and polishing

Hey guys!! Thinking about porting and polishing Trx 3.3. What do you guys think, is it really worth it?

RC Champion
    I've heard a guy did it with the 2.5 and it caused some serious heat issues and performance was barely any better. It would be better to get an o.s. .21tm if you want more power.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea i did my research and a few people had issues. i was thinking about getting a picco .26 but i have a spare trx 3.3 so was thinking about trying it out, and upping the fuel % to 33 and shim the head and see what that does.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nissanboy240sx View Post
    Yea i did my research and a few people had issues. i was thinking about getting a picco .26 but i have a spare trx 3.3 so was thinking about trying it out, and upping the fuel % to 33 and shim the head and see what that does.
    Several years ago there was a very informative article floating around about doing it to a pro .15

Just try it on an old worn out one first.

If you want someone to do it for you, look into ab mods

Not sure of your setup pr wants, but for more umph, try a nice pipe and filter. Ive heard of people getting good results with the losi 3.4 carb also.
    Last edited by Chubaka; 06-04-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Champion
    You can always try. I'm sure it can be done but life of the engine wont be as before. Tweaking with the original product is always a fun adventure. One of my goals is to make either a V-twin with 3.3s cylinder heads or even a straight 4.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Enthusiast
    Chubaka ill try that out i have all my some what new parts tuned pipe and filter from my crashed up jato so ill tranfer to my new jato. Ill look into the carb and i have a davis rod too . ManDime that sounds sweet, ill try something like that later on. That seems like it be a fun project

If you took a new TRX 3.3 and put a Losi 3.4 carb, ceramic bearings, a THS exhuast, and ported the sleeve, well you'd have one HECK of a screaming engine! Just the Losi 3.4 carb is an huge improvement.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    If you took a new TRX 3.3 and put a Losi 3.4 carb, ceramic bearings, a THS exhuast, and ported the sleeve, well you'd have one HECK of a screaming engine! Just the Losi 3.4 carb is an huge improvement.
    Agreed on all accounts! My current engine has a repinched sleeve mated with a piston from another 3.3, ported sleeve, Losi carb and THS exhaust. By far my favorite combo with plenty of power. Last week I replaced the bearings (not ceramic--standard is just fine) and everything looks good, though it appears the pinch is wearing down as the piston will go to the top of the sleeve when cold.
    Nitronaught has a good write-up as do I. Just search online for nitro engine porting and you'll find the RC article with it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    @wolfslash16 im looking for the losi carb now. And im thinking about do it to my new motor and rebuild the old motor and do the same as back up. @Double G i believe i found that article that your talking about it shows you how to do it

RC Qualifier
    +1 on Losi carb. Recently installed them on my Tmaxx and Jato. Significant improvement and the tune seems to stay consitent with varying climate changes. I did notice a slight increase in temps with the carb so you might want to keep it a little on the rich side. Just my .02 cents
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good