RC poster

Suggestions for new telemetry sensors

So I have to say, using the Traxxas Link app with my TQi and Jato 3.3 is just way too cool. But, I would like to be able to take more measurements, such as EGT and reliable speed. I was thinking it may be possible to incorporate some kind of speed sensor into one of the wheels and measure it in a way that is similar to how the rpm is measured at the flywheel with a magnet. Thoughts on this?

As for the EGT, that's a whole other issue. I'm sure some kind of thermocouple exists out there that is small enough to be put into the exhaust pipe, but figuring out how to measure the info coming from it would be tricky, but do-able, I think. Again, your thoughts?

RC Qualifier
    They unveiled a GPS sensor, but you still can't buy them. That is the most accurate way

RC Competitor
    would be cool if you could record GPS data and use it to plot acourse
    Slash Ultimate 4x4
    STAY AWAY FROM BIZARRE HOBBIES

RC poster
    A g force sensor would be sweet. I think with the gps you should be able to set a point on your track and use it to time laps just like a transponder does. If they really want to impress me, I'd like to be able to drive around my track and map it. Maybe by driving a lap along the outside of it then along the inside for a lap. Then you could track your line lap after lap. You could layer all laps together to see where you lose/gain speed. It all depends how accurate it is. This is just a small fraction of the ideas I've had for this app. Traxxas I hope your listening.
    Revo P26 T-Maxx P26RD T-Maxx TRX3.3 Slayer TRX3.3

RC poster
    With a g-force meter you could have a reference for tuning almost everything. From what tires grip best in corners to brake bias to suspension setup to finding the best engine tune. All of those could benefit having a G-force unit.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryFMJ View Post
    As for the EGT, that's a whole other issue.
    This might be a dumb ? But what is EGT? Exhaust gas temp?