RC poster

Mamaba Monster in Funny Car

Who all has put the Mamba Monster 2200kv and ESC in there Funny Car? What gearing do you run? Any problems using 4-6S? Thanks.

RC Racer

Mamaba Monster in Funny Car

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman671 View Post
    Who all has put the Mamba Monster 2200kv and ESC in there Funny Car? What gearing do you run? Any problems using 4-6S? Thanks.
    I have. I think it was a 23 or 24 tooth pinion. Only size that would fit without hacking into the trans housing. You can't use the gear cover anymore. I tried 3s first, then 4s. Got bored and went twin 5000mah 3s (6s). If you rip right into it you'll instantly separate the tires from the rims. If they do hang on, you'll blister and warp the tires. After getting your second pair, start out slower on 6s and ease into it. SLOWLY. Once you get use to it and are seeming confident, get it about 200 feet away from you, pointing away from you of course, before you really get on it. I say that because if you lose traction it gets very scary quickly. If you get it to where you've got constant traction, it will very easily beat an xo-1 in a drag race and be 2 blocks away in 1 blink of the eye. I tell you this in all honesty, although it is super cool to see this car move that fast, be very careful if you try this and do it in a very wide open area with no cars and/or people near it. Once it gets past 37mph it takes off like a rocket. That's when my gps came off. Please be careful and have fun. :-)
    Last edited by Slowdx1; 06-03-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    29 and counting......

RC poster
    Thanks Slowdx1

I was think of running it on 5S as I know what this system on 6S does in my E-Revo. I figured the tires would be a issue, so I think a set of foam tires would be my best bet. Also I'm looking at either a gyro or the AVC set up from Spektrum to ad in going straight. I just need to find out if the Mamba esc works with the AVC. Anything I've read on the AVC it says it won't work with some esc's. And no worries about where I'm driving it. I live on a paved road in the country with very little traffic. again thank you for your reply.

RC Enthusiast
    I put a mamba monster in a funny car before and I can tell you this..... it was one of the must headache installs I have ever done before! Someone at traxxas worked really hard to make this mod not possible and also the stock 1515 castle motor will work but the cooling fins on the motor made gear mesh a nightmare. I finally settled for a 1515 motor with no fins from a sidewinder 8 combo.The car really was fast on 6s but, not driveable the least from take off without foams and a feather pull. If you use a mod 1 pinion you can choose a couple of the 32 pitch spurs from traxxas but all that torque just moves the engine no matter how tight the screws are against that plastic trans case. Save yourself the hassle dude, if not you'll sure to get a head ache for sure.