RC poster

New Jato Owner to be.....quick question

I found a good deal on a used jato 3.3 i know its a newer model but not the newest model (at least i think so, it has the blue resonator exhaust <could be aftermarket hopup> but not the tqi tx with telemetry) the guy im buying it from says it needs "a new wire for the glow plug, the one i bought was too big, but u can get one for about $5" i kno a little about traxxas products but not much, so i was able to confirm he meant the (on a stock vehicle) the blue wire that runs from the ez start to the glow plug so i started looking online just to get a price perspective and that brought me to my question:

Do i just need the blue wire, which ive found here http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Glow...FSMQ7AodTSUAcA

Or

Do i need the entire wiring harness like this one? http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...FXRo7Aode2YAJg

I know the safest bet would be the entire wiring harness to proactively eliminate any potential problems with any of the other wires in the harness, and for $5-7 bucks thats probably what ill do but if it is possible to just buy the blue wire is it as simple as plug n go? Or would i need to solder or something else?

Thanks for any help and soon as i get my hands on her ill b sure to bring her here to show u guys wat she looks like

**Watch the language and do not use profane or offensive language here.**
    Last edited by Double G; 05-28-2014 at 10:35 PM.

RC Racer
    It would be better to get the full harness for a few extra dollars to eliminate any other potential probs.
    I have changed just the blue wire in the past there is no soldering involved. But it's just as easy to change the whole loom at once
    Revo3.3
    Jato3.3
    E-Maxx3906/3905
    Brushless Revo

RC Champion
    Tbh, I think you should check out to make sure the yellow cable when looking at it is tightened onto the engine mount and not kinked or have any exposed wire. A new wiring harness is what I'd suggest over a new blue wire.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC poster
    Thanks for tha responses, i found a video on youtube that shows how to change the harness in its entirety and it took the guy less than 3 minutes so that made it a simple decision, i figured itd b a lot more complicated than it is! Does anyone have any advice on some mods i should look into, so far ive come across the stinger mod for the exhaust, and im def gonna put some rmp arms up front, as far as wheels n shocks go im waiting to see what he sends with the car because he listed it "with extras" but wasnt specific not looking to spend a ton on mods right out the gate but if theres something important just let me know!

RC Competitor
    I like using the pro-line desperado wheels with dirt hawg tires. They come pre-assembled and balanced, just add your bearings to the front rims.They work great for an all around tire.....or badlands, but they tend to give the jato a little too much body roll during hard turns but work great for BIG jumps. Also I added a mugen air filter for better flow, and either a hump pack or lipo pack for your receiver and servos. It'll give it a little more servo authority. Oh, and most important, RPM front bumper...it has saved me a lot of grief. Good luck and have fun with it.